or Connect

Posts by jcregan

OMG, these last few with the different faces are too funny!  love them and want to squeeeeeze them all (gently).  
Max is about 3.5 months now and doing well... proudly trying to outgrow his 6-9 month clothes.  Cooing a lot and smiling a lot.  I think sort of laughing occasionally?  More like a weird noise though.  He loves to look at his older sister.  Trying to coordinate his hands to grab things but still needs lots of work with that.  LOVES to chew/suck his hands and occasionally finds his toes and watches them... I love watching his monkey toes!    He generally has a pretty good...
Thanks Jayray.  I know some people talk about how much they love their sheep skin but I was not sure how they use it.   Related to carseat issues I was hoping to find a product testing for crash neutrality (can't remember the actual term).  There are testing standards related to a product being tested with car seats or in cars in general for crash behavior.  I had not really started looking to see if their was such a thing yet but really wanted to know if sheepskin...
We found the kitchen vent to help with DS was tinier and was doing the evening crying thing..   Turn that on during a bout of screaming and he would settle almost immediately... then we would walk/wear him around the kitchen for 10 minutes or so and he would fall asleep.  You might try similar things like a shower or faucet running or maybe even a vacuum!
So funny that there is a hating car seat post now.. .that is my problem too!  DS screams and screams - hates it.   I have noticed that DS seems to get really really hot/sweaty and somewhere I saw the sheepskin/lambswool idea.   Has anyone used it in a car seat and did it help keep baby cool and maybe actually tolerate the seat?   Where did you purchase it?   ---   While I am thinking about it, did anyone use them for naps?  under or over a sheet?  did...
I caught a grin!!   BTW it is really fun to look back at the early photos and see how they have grown.  
Phew!  Long weekend!  DD has her 5th birthday Monday along with her dance recital.  Her party was on Sunday and we started that day with her having unexplained pain in her abdomen... something totally unlike her.  Kept complaining of it so I took her to urgent care cause I was worried about her appendix.  Was not that, they did a blood test and urine test - both fine.. and after about 1.5 hours there she felt better... so it was back home to host too many family members...
I think the information about less restful car seat sleep is based on driving around?!  Not 100% sure but I remember reading that.   I agree, if it works, go with it.   DD was also a horrible sleeper.  Did not sleep through the night until 2.5 years (sorry to tell you that).  We co-slept from about 9 months on... I eventual made a giant bed by getting a toddler bed and squishing it between the wall and our bed.  That helped keep her close and I could roll over...
    At first it was a spot on my stomach/stretchmarks... of course I scratched and that made it worse etc.  I forgot to ask about it at mt 6wk pp appointment (10 wks PP now).   Since then the stretchmark spot is better but my arms legs and breasts are itchy.  No rash or bumps or redness untill after i scratch too much.  I am trying to figure out how to stop scratching long enough for it to go away.  I put Lansinoh all over my breasts last night and that helped...
Are you located anywhere near Eagan?  I have a good ped. that I love.    At DSs 2 month appointment I told her we are cosleeping and she basically just gently said to make sure to follow the safety guidelines etc.  She knows me from DD (who is now 5) and so I think knows I am responsible and she would not change my mind anyway =)   She in definitely intact friendly, BFing friendly, and although maybe not encouraging of cosleeping she didn't bug me about it...