or Connect

Posts by daylily

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by all the kindness and support here.  I'll definitely be checking out the Maximus foundation.  Before this happened to us, I was barely aware of the existence of synthetic marijuana.     After I posted the above, my son agreed to go back on the Abilify.  He did sleep that night, about six hours.  His insomnia is really a serious problem.  What happens is, as night approaches, he gets anxious about the fact that he might not be able to sleep and...
Hello, I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I need to reach out for help.   My son turned 20 last week.  He is a college student and was living at school in another state.  We went to see him a few weeks ago and found him to be psychotic.  He was paranoid, angry, had not slept in days.  We took him to the emergency room and he was admitted to a psych unit for 11 days.  Now he is back home with us.   A lot of scary things are happening, and I'm still not...
Hi, I'm Daylily, a member from long, long ago.  Every once in a while, I get the urge to revisit and see what's happening here. :)  I'll probably be hanging out in teens/preteens.
Is your child leaving for college soon?  Is he/she exhibiting the following symptoms:  moody withdrawn rebellious never home cranky prefers to be with friends rather than family uninterested in preparations to move into dorms/start at the school she so eagerly applied to last fall? appears to hate her parents and siblings?   DD has been driving us CRAZY.  She has always been fairly easygoing, well behaved and serious, and suddenly...
Thanks for all the advice. It would be nice not to add the expense of a printer or fridge if he doesn't need them. And a laundry bag would at least take up less space than a basket. I know all the dorms at his college come equipped with free washing machines (no coins needed!) which is awesome. And my neice who went there said something about computers in the dorm basements, but she didn't mention printers. Actually, I just looked at the website for the residence...
A quick intro: Hi, I'm Daylily and used to post here long ago when my four kids were little. Now my oldest is getting ready to leave for college. He's leaving in just over a month to a school that's 500 miles away from home, so it's a bit stressful trying to figure out how to get him back and forth for holidays (he doesn't have a car--I wouldn't want him to have a car since he's at a city campus with extremely limited parking) and what he'll need to get settled into his...
Thanks for the replies. Hey, Irishmommy, I'm doing fine. I finished nursing school and I start my new job as a nurse on an ortho/trauma unit tomorrow. We went to Rome this summer with the kids and rented a little house in central Rome and just tried to live like an Italian family and that was fabulous. Anyway, we have talked about a college in the city where I grew up, where we lived until DS was five. Right now, that is his safety school, but it doesn't offer the...
I enjoyed the baby stage, but I can relate to what you are saying. It is SO annoying to be constantly interrupted, to have someone who always wants to touch you, and to never get any time to yourself. I'm the sort of person who likes to get things accomplished and it sounds like you are too, so naturally, day after day of trying to please a toddler will be frustrating. I relate to what you're saying about getting a break now and then too. When my kids were babies (I...
Hello, it has been a long time since I have posted here, but I always feel I can turn to Mothering when there's a thorny problem with my kids. My son is 17 and will be applying to colleges this fall. He has told me that he is absolutely terrified of leaving home to go to college. We live in a city that has a well-respected university and he wants to go to school there, simply because it would mean he could continue to live at home. I have no objection to him going...
My 15 year old is 6'3" and weighs 207.