or Connect

Posts by sistermama

1. - If you don't feel confident in a subject, you have time to learn what you need to know in the years before hand. Take a class, could the other parent teach it? Do you have a friend you could swap subjects with? Lots of ways around this one. 2. - Yes, every state has different laws. 3. - The majority of children who are homeschooled spend lots of time out in the world instead of sitting in a classroom with all the kids from their neighborhood. Lots of different...
Sorry that your little one is itchy. I'm not sure if the butter would be causing the rash, but butter does still have quite a bit of proteins in it. If you wanted to use something butter related, you could try ghee as it has all of the milk solids, and therefore the protein removed. Are you using it for cooking or for spreading? If you are using it for cooking you could try coconut oil instead. Hope it gets better soon.
My daughter (3.5yo) has always had eye issues. If she gets a cold, it goes to her eyes first and she has had chalazions since she was a babe. I thought we had finally gotten rid of them, as she hasn't had one for about 1.5 years. For her, 3 pellets of Thuja at 30c 3 times a day knocked the current chalazion out completely (this was when she was 2). I was so thrilled as the lump had gotten quite big. My brother in law who is a doctor couldn't believe it because he saw...
My poor 5yo had 4 fillings at age 3. At age 4 he had all 4 teeth redrilled and capped. And now he has had 3 of them extracted because they abcessed. So frustrating because he hasn't had any new decay since he was three, just the same cavities going deeper under fillings. I want to add novamin, what brands are you all using?
In upstate NY I pay $7.20/gallon for biodynamic raw milk. I could probably get it from another farm for cheaper, but this farm is biodynamically run by an anthroposophical foundation and I feel super good about their practices, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by lemongrass Very good points, all of them. I hope you're right. I'd love to see Edwards win. I'm also not impressed with Hillary at all, not.at.all. I used to really like Edwards, too, until I found out he is almost singlehandedly responsible for the initial rise in c-section rates in this country. He basically pioneered the lawsuit alledgeing that a doctor "failed to perform a timely c-section" and it has been...
Quote: For 2006 their program service revenue was $584,572 which thus is explained as "FUNDS RECEIVED FROM SALE OF EXCESS HAIR USED TO PURCHASE MANUFACTURED CUSTOM HAIR PROSTHETICS" (BTW I am not yelling, just direct qouting from their 990) Plus no where in their 990 does it reflect the expense of those custom hair prosthetics being purchased. In fact it shows no supply or product costs whatsoever. This doesn't mean that they weren't purchased, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by kimbernet Please visit the Dental forum under Health and Healing. There are ways to heal cavities through nutrition. There's a big support thread over there that can help you. Immunity to cavities comes from eating a nutrient dense diet. The modern diet of white flour and processed foods has lead to the epidemic of cavities we see these days. Brushing the teeth religiously won't prevent cavities if the child is deficient in...
Quote: Originally Posted by treemom2 I was so excited to get on ABC.com to watch it today and they won't let me!!! UGH!!! It says only for people in the US--bugger!! I hope someone on You Tube shows it--I'm dying to watch!!! I can't wait until the DVDs come out--I can't, I really, really, really can't!!!!!!!!!!!!! Open Proxies
First of all, maybe he won't cry! That said, my son cried for several days when he started preschool. Can you ease him into it if he does cry? My son's school had me bring him for only two hours the first couple of days and then we increased the time over three weeks until he was attending the whole 4.5 hours. After we got over that three weeks, he absolutely LOVED school. I am now starting to go through this again with my 2yo daughter. Even though the playschool...