or Connect

Posts by onetrumpeter

freegirl, just wondering how you all are doing?  are you still offering 1 or 2 24 cal/oz bottles a day?  how is your little one's growth?  so tough to be concerned about their growth when they're so tiny and don't have much to lose, anyway!!
DD2 is our first preemie - DD1 and DS were term, birth center and homebirths.  I developed severe pre-eclampsia w/ this one.  She was born via c section on July 2, *right* at 33 wks.   At birth she was 3.10 (1650 grams).  That was 15th percentile.  My older kids were 80-90th centiles so I was a bit surprised at how small she was.  No one mentioned IUGR, but I wonder of my pre-e caused growth problems for her, or if she's just genetically small?   NICU stay for 25...
I've long wanted to be able to get my beans as soft/tender as from a can but never have.  I've not tried a pressure cooker, though.  I think a lot might have to do w/ how fresh the dry beans are which I have no clue...  Your soaking for 8-12 hrs sounds similar to my technique but I'd love to hear a better strategy :)
I read about the possible negative effects of bran on Kitchen Stewardship (I think?!) a while back and it's been on my mind but until last month I wasn't usually grinding my own grains anyway (w/ the exception of Sue Gregg blender batter recipes).  I was using mostly refined, white, AP flour.  Which makes delightful pie crusts, pancakes, etc ;)   But I got a Blendtec blender for my birthday and have played with grinding spelt berries into flour.  If I blend up...
I'm sure your AZ climate is very different from mine here in VA but all I know is that mint is TOUGH!  For us, anyway, I wish I'd originally done as MonarchMom mentioned as the mint sent out runners and spread all over the backyard.  And it loved our hot summer (so did the bees - it seems to be a great bee and butterfly plant once it flowers!).  I'm sure AZ is still quite different but maybe just see how it does?! :)
I appreciate the thoughts on becoming more gun-familiar!  My husband is less familiar than I am so we'd both need to learn.  I'll have to look into the air cartridge bb guns...  thanks, ladies.
yes - agree with all above support!  and SO glad you were able to get rid of that rooster.  sad he was coming around in such a bad way.   we're hoping to soon move to the country and right now I'm sort of wishing I had some gun skills.  because I know the moment may come when I'll want to protect our animals or - can barely type this - our kids.  would you mind sharing any tips on how to learn?  or did you just pick it up???  I did shoot a bb gun waaaay back in a...
neat to read people's thoughts on this.  We found out for both our daughter and then son.  And after we found out about my son I said if we were ever to be pregnant again I'd skip the 20 wk u/s altogether and just find everything out at the birth!  But I don't really think like that now, strangely.  I want to know.  I also have this very odd feeling about (if we get the 20 wk u/s) someone else knowing (the tech, presumably) and then myself NOT knowing lol.  It sounds so...
Did get to do an u/s today.  the tech was very, very quiet (like it was just her personality/professionality?) and I was trying to keep my 3yo and 4yo from bothering her so it was not at all chatty or as informative as I would've liked for the amount of time that wand was up in there!  but the heartbeat was obvious and I was glad to see the little one moving!  due date 3 days earlier according to the u/s but I'm pretty certain of my ovulation so will stick with 8/20ish...
ithappened - I can relate.  not exactly the same issues, but I've been near panic and definitely in tears over the prospect of this third child in our family.  some days (many?!?!) I'm just getting by with our two.  recently it's been fights galore between them.  so I can relate to the "how am I going to do this?!" feeling.   I just had my 1st prenatal with a new MW today.  really like her.  but it was a bit of a crazy appt as since I'd met her a couple of years...