or Connect

Posts by onetrumpeter

I'm replying as I searched "flovent" and found your post - DD is on it right now and I'm also wondering about what options we have.  Technically she doesn't have asthma yet as it's only be dx'd once as reactive airway disease, but my gut tells me her coughing after running around in the past is related and it's probably asthma.   anyway, would love to hear ideas.  even hearing your experience is helpful.  I'd love to be not using meds but I don't see a satsifactory...
hope your LOs are on the mend.  we've dealt w/ HFMD (what's the name? coxsackie virus, IIRC) a few times and it's been really bad.  I'm so sorry!  there are several strains(?) and we've had it a few times.  yes, we did lots of ibuprofen which seemed to help a bit but it was still bad :(
DD will be 4 in October but I just had her 3 YO physical a couple of weeks ago (we're delaying/skipping vax at this point).  Was bummed that the dr heard wheezing so we've been doing albuterol and flovent but her nighttime coughing is gone so bummed about needing the meds but glad for symptom reduction...   But my main question is about low hemoglobin...  Her finger prick test result was 11.2 and they don't like to see under 11.5.  So they're giving me a script for...
happy for you! :)  LOVE finding great deals - I've not found any exciting deals relevant to what I'm dreaming of - homesteading - gotta have a place first - but it's fun to hear of your finds!  super cool about the bees - how'd you learn any of that?!?!  and what the difference between a swarm and a colony?
ooooh, I tweaked my google search and found photos of eggs that look similar to mine - I'm really hoping they're lacewings!  that would help my aphid problem, I think!?  and I suppose my aphid problem would be why a lacewing mama would lay her eggs on my plants... lol
I first noticed them along my garlic stalks - they're attached in a lovely, straight line, and attached by a tiny (but apparently strong enough to stand straight out horizontally while holding the egg) strand similar looking to a spider web strand.  The eggs are white, very tiny, smaller than a pin head - about the size of that hyphen on my screen, maybe...   Now I've spotted them on tomato leaves, too... what are these, and do I want them?!  lol  I released ladybugs...
I made kale chips by tossing de-stemmed leaves (broken into smaller pieces) with canola (an oil I hate to use but didn't want to use the last of my coconut oil on an experiement!  don't think melted lard would have worked?!) and salt, garlic powder.  They went in a single layer on a baking sheet for 35ish min at 250 and were pretty tasty - light, crispy, and flavorful.   I was wondering if I could try doing something to get a similar crispness but... thicker than a...
I do know that impatiens LOVE shade!  Our whole front is basically shady the entire day, and our impatiens love it.  I've also tried to plant lily of the valley (a perennial, I think) which is supposed to be good for shade.  Hostas do great in the shade, too - they grow huge gorgeous leaves in the shade whereas in the sun the leaves seem to grow much smaller.
I love azaleas and rhododendrons(sp?! lol) but their blooms are short lived.   I was wondering if your mystery plant might be hosta?  Your description reminds me of mine when they're just starting to poke up and before the leaves start to unfurl.  hmmmm, i'm zone 7-ish IIRC and my hosta have been up for a couple of months now, though, so not sure if that makes sense.
I had posted a couple of days ago about some volunteers in my compost - had photo links and all, but that whole thread is missing and instead this older thread is nearer the top.  I hope I didn't post incorrectly/violating any rules in that post! :(   Anyway, back to the topic of fertilizer:  I picked this up at Lowes as I'd heard of "fish emulsion."  Not even sure that's the same as what I bought, but this looked good.  Then when I got home I read the fine print:...