or Connect

Posts by onetrumpeter

1sttimemama, just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience.  yeah, I sorta figured Stride Rite wouldn't be the answer lol but it feels like a comfortable approach.   it's funny that I didn't even realize as a kid that I had flat feet - it's only been the past five or so years that I've known it.  so maybe orthodics are necessary for us (DD).  what did you notice when you used to wear them?  is the pain just not enough to make you want to bother with them no? ...
thanks, mindymom.  I don't know why I never remember to ask our extension office this sort of stuff!   so what type of fertilizer might be good?  all the #-#-# codes are confusing... off to google.  thanks for the ideas and tips!
in our tiny little garden I have 25 strawberry crowns growing happy leaves :) but I wonder if they need fertilizer?  I'm pinching off flowers, reluctanty, in hopes that the roots systems will establish well and produce better fruit in coming seasons.  do they need fertilizer?   I've got three tiny wintersown tomato seedlings that I thought I'd lost but appear to have survived!  they have a few "true" leaves and are still just in seed starter medium.  they might need...
I'm curious, too!  My first guess was that it was a rosehip - some sort of rose bush?  but not sure what the inside of a rosehip looks like, nor if they have seeds like that?  let us know what you learn! :)
will try to be brief... DD is 3.5 and since she was just a bit over 1 and walking we'd notice her do odd things with her legs periodically.  I didn't perceive pain back then, but she'd sort of walk and kick one of her legs out with each step.  Saw the ped, nothing appeared broken, and even during that appt she seemed better.   Since then she's had a number of odd little falls - odd in that the fall wouldn't look serious but she'd be affected by not wanting to bear...
wow!  :(  so sorry!  we had a recent cold that was pretty yucky, but not quite as long lasting as yours.  I understand your frustration w/ natural approaches.  I feel that sometimes, too.  I am thankful for modern medicine, though.  I just try to avoid having to use it w/ other tactics, I guess.  But I always wonder, "should I have tried ___ or ____?"  And at the same time know that I'm doing the best I can for my kids with what I have/know.  Hope your little boy keeps...
how's he doing now?  I hope better!  Did you try the Belladonna again?  Those high fever #s would be very scary for me to see.  My little ones feel hot with fevers in the 102s and 103s... I gave Motrin then when they were having a hard time sleeping/getting remotely comfortable.  I can't imagine how hot he must have felt (to you).  Poor guy!
just had to update: I found nettles today!  in a local park!  I felt OK taking some but not a lot...  the patches were thick with nettles, but it's a public park, afterall, so I wanted to leave them to grow and for others...   my first wildcrafting adventure :)  what are the unwritten rules re: wildcrafting?   sorry this has gotten fairly OT.   To keep it ON topic, I do hope to use these and find more to aid with allergies.  I'm not dealing w/ allergy...
thanks, mbravebird :)  I'm in VA, too!  We might have PM'd a while back.  I'm up in Loudoun County.  Have to figure out how to find nettle growing - couldn't even ID it, I don't think.  We have the "Wildcraft" board game and dd knows several problems that nettle can help but that's about it... lol  Off to google how to find it!  Would love to harvest some, though I'm a bit nervous about the stinging factor.   Buuuuut, will taking the root powder still help me in the...
I'm envious - that sounds really cool!  I think I would feel similarly; I'm a bit intimidated by large animals (and with horns, lol) but also totally intrigued, and drawn to them.  how neat!