or Connect

Posts by onetrumpeter

just wanted to update: I'm feeling much better!  still a bit of a headache and fatigue but nothing like how I felt Monday night into Tuesday.  and most of the day on Tuesday, really.  It was just last night that I felt up to eating more than a banana and a couple pancakes (all I ate during the day).  I had about half a normal dinner and just meat sounded good to me.  Weird, but I think that's just b/c the sides were cold and the meat was warm!  Anyway, thermometer-wise...
I'm trying to load up on D3, too.  Also read that fenugreek can help lungs, so took some of that last night before I realized it wasn't "just" a cough.  Honesltly, the cough is present but seems better.  Maybe it was from something else?  Oh, and I took some bioplasma (nuage brand) last night - but only have about 8-10 tablets left so was just doing one at a time...  didn't notice relief from those, either :(   also have North American Herb & Spice's Super Strength...
coughing started Sunday (today's Tuesday - just over 48 hrs ago) and I thought it was a cold.  Then Monday I felt yucky/edgy and last night felt chills and achy all over and woke around 1am with 102.1 fever.  I'm kind of new to the "don't treat a fever" mentality but it makes sense to me.   But what can I do to feel better besides taking ibuprofen/acetaminophen?  I'm really close to taking some just to feel a bit better.  I've got a few herbs on hand in dry form:...
PB - do you mean a formulation/brand of homeopathic hcg drops?  is it available online/easily?  if so, would you mind sharing? :)  
I don't think there's a single pharmaceutical I keep on hand and use for myself - OTC or rx, except for use on my cold sores.  I've used Abreva and it has really helped them feel better and heal more quickly.  I've also gotten a Rx for a different antiviral - blanking - acyclovir, I think?  A dentist actually rx'd it for me.  Anyway, I'm so sorry :(  I tend to feel sick throughout my whole body - not just on my lip - when I have one.  Headache, sore throat sometimes,...
I, too, am wondering how people do post-HCG diet.  I'm really tempted to give it a try (but have to research more first - I'd want to feel like I knew better what I'd be getting myself into - 500 cal/day sounds insane to me - actually, it sounds impossible! but the idea of my body using energy that's already stored in place of normal food intake is very appealing).
  Thanks so much, PB.  I admit I'm looking for a "quick fix" rather than looking at healing as a process.  I guess I never questioned my health much until my daughter was having blood in her stool and severe "colic."  And then I looked to cut out food after food hoping each was going to be "the fix" and when we never got to any sort of baseline and nursing refusal sort of forced me to try formula, I viewed the formula as the quick fix (heartbroken).  And then my...
mama.rye - really interesting!  in fact, everyone's experiences are very interesting where the child is reacting via bm but NOT reacting when directly eating the food.  I guess it does make me think "leaky gut" (as little as I understand that) but my only reason for not going whole heartedly down a path to try and heal is that I don't even know what "healed" would look like.  I don't notice myself having digestive issues; normal stooling 2ish x/day, usually pretty easily...
Really appreciate the thoughts - helpful to have different perspectives on similar issues.  Yes, DH's job location is key to considerations, too.  Right now he has a 10 mile commute each way.  If we were to move where I'd like (where there are affordable houses with ~3+ acres) it'd be around 30 miles each way.  Hard to imagine, but it's not a rarity where he works and he may be be willing.   When I look online at rentals, they're more expensive, beautiful, new houses...
we've never noticed our kids reacting to a single food(!) once they were slooooowly introduced, yet they were definitely reacting to my milk.  I don't know if that was a gut maturity issue or what, but it makes me wonder if it's antibodies (or something else?!) I produced that caused the issue.  want to follow this thread as I'm always wondering about this.