or Connect

Posts by onetrumpeter

wow, thanks, all for the thoughts.  Heather, thanks for the ideas and suggestion to set goals.  Mine are quite vague and definitely not clear to DH nor are his to me.  I need to change my perspective from feeling "stuck."  We are very comfortable, our house is warm.  (brrrr it's cold and windy out!!!)   I just have had it on my mind for a while now, and yes, other places' prices are coming down/have come down (like our value, lol) and so it seems like a wise time to...
those bulk prices look really good to me, OP!
Same model as ours just sold on our street (forclosure) for $187k; we bought for $320k.  We put a decent downpayment way back when, and we've paid to improve the house quite a bit (new carpet, patio, crown moulding - not sure those any of those count toward house value? :p).  I feel like if we did a short sale we'd lose all that investment.  Plus there are other things about doing a short sale that make me feel uncomfortable; credit issues, our investments might be at...
Does this sound familiar?  I think I read about it on mercola.com; something like 8 bursts of intense cardio.  Specific heart rate goals were suggested, IIRC.  20 minutes of cycling in/out of the really high heart rate?  He also rec'd having a heart rate monitor.  For a minute I was envisioning a pedometer.  Yeah.  Not the same thing, but where you get a heart rate monitor?  Sounds like potential $$$...   just wondering if anyone has tried this.  He also talked about...
for some reason I had the idea that the Berkey didn't filter out fluoride...  sorry to be a bit OT.     I'd def look at it as an emergency water option to get water from your creek.
sorry you're having to deal with this :(  subbing as it's really on my mind.  I've got the SA.  I've heard to bowel tolerance, too.  I don't know exactly how frequently to give it, though, in order to figure that out.  hugs!
rare that I can answer a question here, lol, but I know SA is "sodium ascorbate."  A buffered (still unsure what the means, lol) form of vitamin C.  I think people megadose(? can you tell I'm feeling unsure about a LOT?!) if symptoms of WC are seen and in some cases it really reduces the severity of the cough.   I myself just bought the NutriBiotic brand (no GMOs) but I know the NOW brand is also popular.  Just want to have it on hand as we've not vaxxed, either.
well, just to update, DH's bloodwork came back negative for pertussis.   So I guess, like someone else mentioned, other cough-like illnesses (in adults, at least) can present similarly to pertussis.  But, the 2nd hand line was something about that he "already has antibodies to pertussis."  Could that have been from his last TDap?  (He doesn't recall, neither do I) or perhaps he did have a slight case of it?   I don't know that I'll ever have peace about...
I, too, am considering having some on hand but the "official" brand "Manuka Honey" is so pricey.  Also pricey, lol, is what I wanted to mention: oil of oregano.  I read "Dr. Cass Ingram"'s book "The Cure is in the Cupboard" and he's *all* about North American Herb & Spice's product, "Oreganol."  It seems like he might own that co. or something but I was convinced enough to go straight to that brand rather than try a less $ one.  I tried the regular and then upgraded to...
Wow.  DH just had a physical check-up at our family doctor.  He went a couple weeks (?) ago for a cough and was given Zpack abx as well as a cough suppressant/Vicadin (pardon my spelling; hope these make sense) to help him sleep.   At the physical today he mentioned how he's still coughing (though it's def less severe and did seem to be *slightly* improved by the abx and cough syrup) and from his description the doctor though he had whooping cough.  I sort of am in...