or Connect

Posts by MiaMama

The OB will code that an "elective induction." If it is elective, she can choose to not "elect" it. LOL There is no medical reason to induce just because it is the ESTIMATED due date. Even the conservative official guidelines don't start recommending extra testing and possible induction until 41 weeks in an otherwise healthy pregnancy.* For reference, I went in to an OB when I was 38 weeks because I had a possible issue. After the NST and Ultrasound which showed an...
Quote: Originally Posted by ARG2003 ...It is very low-key but takes an hour or more. We are definitely building a relationship. This. Mine didn't DO much of anything except check the baby's HB. When my fundal height was abnormally low, I told HER about it and went to get an US to check it out. It was a false alarm, but I had a history which made it scary. But when it came time to birth, she came through. She still did almost nothing (just the...
You know, all of our kids have already seen birth. Their own. Disgusting and traumatic, I know. I am going to wait to get pregnant again until they invent fetal blindfolds so I don't have to scar my babies anymore. Birth is totally inappropriate for babies and children!
Uggg. Car accidents are the leading cause of death and injury for children under 14 in the US. CPS should come take my kids from me because I drive them to the park. I risk their lives daily for something that is just for FUN! I use fancy car seats and I use them right, but still, for infants the risk is only decreased by 71% and for my older DD, the risk of death is only reduced 54% because of those seats. totally negligent CPS would never take a kid because...
Please (not just you, but all new mommies) stay in bed a bit longer. Don't get up and do stuff, if you feel great after birth, hang out and enjoy that feeling. I did too much, and as a result, my lochia and healing lasted until almost 10 WEEKS! Not only that, I got pelvic organ prolapse. If you are pregnant, head on over to the healing birth trauma forum, check out the pelvic organ prolapse thread (warning, it is REALLLY long) and check it out. Almost all the moms...
My oldest DD had IUGR. We were planning a natural birth in a hospital with midwives, but when the tech measured with US and estimated 5lbs 0oz, I was sent for an emergency induction right then. I was 38wks, had no previous indication, except my fundal height had dropped to 34cm and had been feeling less fetal movement. I labored for 24 hrs, she was born and was 4lbs 13oz, but also totally healthy, no obvious reason for the growth restriction. She had tests, but I...
I offered my 3yo DD a smoothie I made, and she scrumched up her nose and said "well.... does it have placenta in it?" I said nope, so she smiled and said "Ok!" I have never given her placenta smoothie, and I only had one once, 6 months ago when dd2 was born and I was having some bleeding issues. I'ts crazy what they remember.
Most recent birth, my water did not break. The MW finally got through it AFTER DD's entire head was born, as she was rotating to get her shoulders out. Urge to push? I had an urge to NOT push, but my uterus wouldn't listen to my puny brain at that point. Instead of contractions that I pushed with (like in DD1's birth) I had one giant non-stop contraction (20-30 min pushing stage). I was trying as hard as I could to relax and not bear down, but any time my concentration...
I think a lot of people underestimate how difficult it can be when you are totally on your own. My husband is former military, but he traveled for 3 wks in a row when DD2 was 2 weeks old. When my first was born, I was a bit afraid I wouldn't know how to take care of her. I felt akward holding other people's babies, and I was worried I wouldn't know what to do or what she needed. When she came, I just knew. It came from inside me, the ability to care for my baby was...
Another SAHM with a (former) military husband. I did 24/7/365 for a 15 month deployment. My DD1 was attached, and no one else watched her almost ever. And now my husband is a contractor, and travels for a week at a time about every other week. Starting when dd2 was 2 weeks old. Honestly, I almost couldn't do it. It took me 10+weeks to heal from the birth because I couldn't rest. I almost sent DD1 to preschool... But then for less $$$ per month, I signed up for a...