or Connect

Posts by sadiejane08

Quote: Originally Posted by Organicavocado I'm so glad you're home and you had such awesome help. Your napkins got ironed! Thats amazing, I can't see my floor LOL enjoy your babymoon And sorry I made you nervous.. and thank you for the well wishes Oh, Anna, you didn't make me nervous, sweetie! It was all that vasa previa crap for the last six weeks of the pregnancy. I just read your most recent updates and am so happy to hear he...
Thanks so much for all your good wishes. It's really fantastic to see the posts about Tilo's birth in the announcements thread and my last topic . . . so nice to see you all following our story! Tilo and I came home on Thursday and we're both doing really well. His grunty breathing subsided over the course of Monday 17th (his birthday) and by Tuesday morning he started to get the hang of nursing. My milk came in Wednesday and though he's a little yellow, no one's...
That was beautiful. You're so poetic, I love the way you wrote it, not a wasted word and very intense. I'm very moved!
My c-section is tomorrow morning (while most of you will be sleeping, as I'm 6 hours ahead of the US east coast, 9 hours ahead of the west coast). I'm happy to say that the looking forward to meeting our son is starting to overtake the fear and dread of the c-section, though that's still in there too. I'll be in the hospital for several days, without Internet, but DH will post a blog entry for me (see my sig) as soon as we're up to it. Wishing everyone a great week,...
Congratulations!! I hope you're all three doing well! Quote: Originally Posted by elleystar Here we go ladies...who's gonna be next?? Me! Tomorrow morning (which will be middle of the night for most of you) is our scheduled c-section. There's another April mom who found out she had vasa previa just a week or so ago and had a c-s on Friday, but she hasn't posted here much, so I don't know if she'll announce the birth here when she gets...
41+5 33+0 39+2
Hey, east carolina, where are you from in the US? I ask because my parents live in Greenville, NC (I grew up in little Washington and then Greenville), home of East Carolina University.
This is why we got a new doctor in the last month of my first pregnancy. We'd just seen our doctor, went out front to schedule the next appointment, and were told he'd be gone the whole month of August (baby was due Aug 29). We'd just SEEN the man and he hadn't said a word! So we went through a couple more interviews (with docs at the same Family Practice center) and, at 39 weeks, found the one who attended the birth. (Fortunately she came 12 days late .) As a bonus,...
With my 1st, I left 7 hours after she was born, the minimum required stay at our hospital. My 2nd was 7 weeks early, so we both stayed for 48 hours after his birth for observation and antibiotics (my water broke 5 days before he was born). My 3rd was born at a freestanding birth center and I went home about 4 hours later. These were all non-medicated vaginal births (second was induced with Pit, but otherwise unmedicated), a little tearing with the 1st one but nothing...
I had a 33-weeker nine years ago. He weighed 5 lbs even, breathed perfectly, nursed like a champ from the start! No NICU time at all, just two days together in the hospital (he roomed in with me) for observation, and then we were both able to go home.