or Connect

Posts by wildflower18

We had an okay birth experience in the hospital with the first son, but really didn't like all the rules - like having to stay in the hospital since my water broke, but contractions hadn't started yet, not being able to leave the maternity floor to walk around (felt like I was in prison), induction being pushed from the start (although they did allow me to labor on my own after realizing I had dilated a few cm, but because of my fear of interventions at the hospital, I...
We've just found out that #2 is on it's way.  I'm still trying to let it sink in and come to terms with this big, unexpected life change.  With #1 we had to have fertility treatments.  He is nearly 4 years old now and I had finally accepted that #2 was not going to happen - we weren't trying and because of the troubles conceiving the first time, figured it wasn't going to happen by accident.  We just gave away all the baby clothes only to get a positive pregnancy test a...
So glad you were able to stop by a few months ago!!  Hope you are able to make it back again soon!!
What did you end up doing?  The only thing that I found was here that noted anything about studies related to the safety of progesterone supplementation in pregnancy.   "The conclusion reached upon extensive study of this topic at the Pope Paul VI Institute, specifically as it relates to the naturally-occurring hormone progesterone, is the following:  There is no credible evidence to suggest that its use to support pregnancy, whether that support be in the early days...
Oh, and thanks for your replies!!
What I did find said that it was perfectly safe.  I've taken it before and as far as I know there was no harm to my child.  I figure that should something happen if I don't take it, I will feel terrible.  So, after my u/s tomorrow (which I was unsure I wanted to get either, but for the sake of dating the pregnancy felt that it would be beneficial) I'll stop by the pharmacy.
Just found out that I am pregnant.  2nd child and total surprise.  I had difficulty conceiving the first and was taking progesterone supplementation to help support my cycles.  Because of this, they want me to take a progesterone supplement this time around as well.  I don't know my numbers - will be calling back today to ask - but she said they looked fine.  Obviously, my body is working better on it's own this time or I wouldn't be in the position I'm in.  I'm not...
Just found out that I am pregnant.  2nd child and total surprise.  I had difficulty conceiving the first and was taking progesterone supplementation to help support my cycles.  Because of this, they want me to take a progesterone supplement this time around as well.  I don't know my numbers - will be calling back today to ask - but she said they looked fine.  Obviously, my body is working better on it's own this time or I wouldn't be in the position I'm in.  I'm not...