or Connect

Posts by wildflower18

:bump
Join us every Friday with the purpose of re-igniting your passion as a mother to be as wholly present and act in loving-kindness with your loved ones through such practices as attachment parenting, natural living, co-sleeping, breastfeeding and all matters of mothering.  Come share your joys as well as your challenges with other mothers in a sacred safe space.  Feel the difference support can make in your own sense of wellbeing as well as your ability to mother your...
Our first meeting of 2011 is coming up on January 11th at 6:30pm.  Please join us for some healing support....and food too of course!
9 months and going strong!  Join us next month on February 1st at 6:30pm!
Join us every Friday with the purpose of re-igniting your passion as a mother to be as wholly present and act in loving-kindness with your loved ones through such practices as attachment parenting, natural living, co-sleeping, breastfeeding and all matters of mothering.  Come share your joys as well as your challenges with other mothers in a sacred safe space.  Feel the difference support can make in your own sense of wellbeing as well as your ability to mother your...
abmom - It's always good to hear that someone else is having the same issue.  I work full-time and am not in the "mom's circle" so it's nice to hear others stories of similar behaviors.   Aubergine - thanks so much for the suggestions.  I try to mirror his feelings, but it often makes it worse.  I'm not sure if I'm not doing it with enough enthusiasm (think Happiest Toddler on the Block) or if it is just a reminder of why he is upset and it makes him cry/whine more....
It's been about 2 weeks now that we've been seeing this behavior.  Thinking back to what could have made the change, daylight savings time or extended family were in town... but the behavior continues.  AND I NEED HELP!   Our 3 year old son (recently turned 3) has been anxious when we leave the room...appears to have some fears of the dark or being alone in a room, but not all the time.  So if I go to brush my teeth, he has to come along.  It then started to expand...
Quote: Originally Posted by scottishmommy The weird thing is that while she's aggressive, she's also very prosocial, more so than most of the kids I know. She hands over toys regularly, hugs her friends, gives kisses, says "I love you" and is generally very nice most of the time. Interesting observation. Our son is very communicative. Most people that meet him comment on his verbal language for his age. I think sometimes that gets him into...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 It doesn't sound like he's being rejected. From what you've said, it sounds like they're making a real effort to include him and are hoping that you guys will be vigilant about his behavior. Agreed, and logically, I know that to be true, but there is still a part of me that is concerned that if this behavior continues he will not have any friends....and neither will we. I guess I still feel rejected.
Quote: Originally Posted by HeliMom I thought maybe they mentioned how excited their son was as a way to let you know there was no hard feelings and to encourage you to feel welcomed. Kind of a "don't be afraid, the past is over with let's look the the future!" I feel like there was more of a hesitance in the e-mail. She really wants to continue the friendship so she's gone to all of this effort and hopes that we meet her half way and make this...