or Connect

Posts by wildflower18

riverscout - this is an "old" college friend (well, actually his wife) that e-mailed. We keep in touch, but not regularly. With FB, we at least touch base a bit more often. So it is a friendship I'd like to preserve, but certainly not a daily contact for me or my son as they used to live across the country from us up until Jan. In 3 years, this will be the 4th time that we've gotten together. (3 of those times in the past year since they now moved closer). Agreed...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride Most kids who have been on the receiving end of it are fine with it - far, far less bothered than I am - once they figure out that his behaviour has nothing to do with disliking him. They don't like being hurt - but they really don't like feeling rejected, yk? I think you've hit on the head part of the reason I've been conflicted. I feel like they've jazzed their son up for us to still attend and if we...
riverscout - I've debated whether I would rather have had a phone call - something out of the ordinary for how we typically interact (through FB). But I think I would have felt even more put on the spot and confrontational. I probably would have obsessed about the phone conversation as much as I am about the e-mail, but my immediate response may have not been as nice. At least with the e-mail, I have time to process the info and get back to her. If this was a friend...
I guess I should have said that my husband didn't recall an incident as detailed as she described. Yes there were some scuffles (hugs can turn into "choking" and a child in the way of a toy may get pushed), typical in our minds for this age. We probably feel it's typical because we deal with it. Their son is sensitive and timid and so I'm sure they have a completely different viewpoint. I also wanted to say that when he was biting, we were hypervigilant and often...
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye Also, while I get that their note was a disappointment, I think it was pretty nicely and gently done. It was mostly done nicely, except with the description of how our son pummeled their son and she went into great detail about how the last time he pushed, shoved, hit, choked, etc. I could have done without the editorial flair in her writing about my son's misbehavior, regardless of whether or not it is...
Thanks for all the feedback. Just want to clarify that the biting stage is has ended with the entrance of his 2 year molars. He does shove and push now on occasion, sometimes over sharing, sometimes as "entertainment" when he is bored, sometimes though, we can't figure out what the trigger is. It's not that we aren't hypervigilant, but things happen, especially when you are in a party situation and socializing with friends that you rarely see. In other recent...
Just lost my post that took 1/2 an hour to write. GRRrr! So this is the abbreviated version as I need to get to bed. We've been invited to a college friend's birthday party for their 3 year old. They recently moved to the area and our children have only seen each other 3 times in the past, one of which was a week long vacation to their previous home. At each of those visits, our son, who is a bit more physically active and aggressive, has bitten or shoved their...
Fertility Yoga Om Baby Pregnancy & Parenting Center 2201 Rear Market Street Camp Hill, PA 17011 717-761-4975 Sundays July 11 - August 29, 2010 5-6pm $110 (couples encouraged to attend together for an additional $50) $17 drop-in If you have the goal to become pregnant, then this restorative class that includes yoga, pranayama & meditation will help balance mind, body and spirit on your journey to try to conceive. Fertility yoga follows the basic principles...
Fertility Yoga Om Baby Pregnancy & Parenting Center 2201 Rear Market Street Camp Hill, PA 17011 717-761-4975 Sundays July 11 - August 29, 2010 5-6pm $110 (couples encouraged to attend together for an additional $50) $17 drop-in If you have the goal to become pregnant, then this restorative class that includes yoga, pranayama & meditation will help balance mind, body and spirit on your journey to try to conceive. Fertility yoga follows the basic principles...
Monthly Mindful Parent Support Group Facilitated by Joshua O'Brein (First Meeting on July 27, 2010) 4th Tuesday of every month from 6:30 to 7:30pm Children are welcome too! Om Baby Pregnancy & Parenting Center 2201 Rear Market Street Camp Hill, PA 17011 717-761-4975 This event is free, but please consider making a small donation to help defray costs. “Life is here to teach us as we go along, and parenting is just one very special course - with no...