or Connect

Posts by kate_t

This thread really struck a chord with me. I was 24 when I had my dd, and people around me either assume that I got pregnant by accident (which I didn't), or that I'm too simpleminded to have a "real" life. I am the only mom I know who is under thirty. The majority of new mothers I know with kids dd's age are in their late thirties/early forties. I can't imagine waiting that long...My plan is to be done being pregnant and nursing by the time I'm thirty five, and I have...
My dd, Naomi, is 14 months. For the past week she's been barely sleeping, nursing almost constantly, waking up to play in the middle of the night...She used to be a fairly regular sleeper from about 10 at night to about 9:30 or 10 in the morning, waking to nurse probably four or five times. Not enough to bother me. Then we took a trip accross country for Thanksgiving and since then she's going to bed a lot later, and only sleeping in four or five hour chunks, nursing all...
Since there are so many adoptive parents are chiming in, I thought I'd offer my two cents as a birthmom. My birthdaughter was born 5 1/2 years ago, and is placed in a completely open adoption. While it hasn't been smooth sailing the whole way, she definitly reaps the benefits of knowing where she came from, and she will never have to search for answers or endure a traumatic reunion. For information and support, I would suggest the boards at Parentsplace.com to start....