or Connect

Posts by BarefootScientist

I agree with everything you're saying. I know cervical checks and everything else is not strictly necessary. Of course. That's why I was going to do a homebirth originally. My HB MW would never have touched my nether regions unless I asked her too. I'm just saying, I can time the contractions and tell the staff whether they are getting stronger, if they are regular, and so forth. I don't need the monitor to tell me that. But I don't know what my cervix is doing, and...
Wow, MW. Yeah, doctors are really not authority figures, they are people who happen to be knowledgeable medically who we come to for medical advice and help. They shouldn't have authority over us, and we shouldn't have to give them permission to do whatever they want in order for them to do anything for us...
The only reason I think they need to do cervical checks is in case the same thing happens again - I'm not really in labor or my labor stalls out. Of course, now I'm thinking there's a good chance it was the check itself that stalled it out if indeed it did stall out, because it was very uncomfortable. I personally think the monitor is totally useless - the cervical check tells you more. I don't plan to get monitored again. I can't really figure out what it will tell...
Mine is completely wonky too. It curves around the left side of my belly button and then just shoots up my boobs and practically all the way to my neck!
My belly button popped out by the second trimester in both pregnancies. It really hurts when people touch it too.
Huh. That's how my baby is positioned too. Usually, anyway. Never heard that before.
Oh no! Here's hoping she turns back before labor!Really? I guess my body's habit of kicking off contractions after sex may be beneficial then!Oooooo! Any updates??Happy birthday Jenni!
Thanks! I am ready anytime.
MW, they give you the second dose after 4 hours. My doctor said it's best if you get up to the time for the second dose, even if you don't quite get the second dose in. I HATED the cervical check the other night OMG super-painful. But the monitors also really bothered me because I had to lean back in order for it to read baby's heartbeat. I couldn't move around - it wasn't picking up the heartbeat when I did. And that made the contractions really uncomfortable. They...
My MW is a HB MW so she has no opinion about when to head to the hospital, but she did make it sound like she thought I MIGHT not make it in time to get the antibiotics for 4 hours. My doc is a GP. She will be delivering my baby in the hospital. She told me she expects me to go fairly quickly because a) it's a fairly small baby according to her estimation, b) I've been at least 3 cm dilated/80% effaced (and now sounds more like 4/5 cm dilated according to the nurse at...