or Connect

Posts by anitakidcrazy

Yes...I'm not going to drink it anymore.  I live in a state where raw milk is not legal.  I used to get wonderful raw goat milk from a highly reputable source.  The goats don't produce much in the winter, so for the past few months I would get cow milk through a collective that would drive one state over, where it is legal, to bring back for a group of folks....also a very reputable source.  The only problem is that they only make the trip every two weeks, so I was...
I'm also wondering if I should be tested for Listeria?  What do you think?  
OK....as I was drinking my raw cow milk yesterday, an "off" taste reminded me of the state fair.  So, as I was about to down the very end of my tall glass of raw milk, I noticed all these specks/flecks of brown at the bottom.  Manure....right?  I'm 35 weeks pregnant and wondering what to do with the rest of this milk....almost a gallon!  
My morning sickness just officially went away at 13 weeks, but I discovered an almost miracle cure that helped it 90%.  Anyhow, it's bentonite clay...I took Yerba Prima brand because I already had some on hand, but it worked wonders for me.  I didn't gain any weight in first trimester, but I didn't lose any either, and I'm sure I would have without it.  I took about a tablespoon of the liquid in a tall glass of water a couple of hours away from multivitamin and it...
Just wanted to drop you a quick note that I bought an Intex pool online for around $35 and it was great....birthed my baby in the pool over a year ago and have used it this whole summer for my 4 1/2 year old.  My midwife said she thought it was the best she's ever seen!  :)
It has helped me slightly, but not drastically.  I still sneeze and have to blow my nose in the morning, but not nearly as much.  As I understand it, allergies are very much related to the health of our guts, so it makes sense since the clay kinda sweeps through and mops up pathogens in the gut and carries them out of the body.  The GAPS diet also significantly reduced my allergies...way more than the clay when I went on it, but I didn't have the discipline to stick to...
I've been taking this for the past week with GREAT success for morning sickness...90% improvement!  I've found many sources here and there that say it is perfectly safe while pregnant, but wanted to see if anyone on here has experience with this and can refer me to other sources for extra reassurance.  It's is mentioned on Redmond Clay's website that it is safe.  Also, here:  http://www.claydefense.com/pregnancy.php   It's also helped tremendously with my...
I need some wisely, TF advice!    I just found out I'm pregnant...about 5 weeks and I have an almost 1 year old nursling (DS)!  I carefully spaced my first DD and second DS 3 years/4 months apart so that I could extend nurse, make sure to have enough nutrients to support a healthy pregnancy and to give my babies the attention they need.  Well...clearly, we were not so careful this time around and I am shocked and unprepared!    Normally, I would breastfeed for...
Hi,   I live in Asheville and get raw goat's milk (labeled for "pet consumption") from a woman named Sue, at the Weaverville tailgate market on Wednesday afternoons.  She is awesome...love her!  You may have to meet her first to get on her mailing list before you get your milk...she likes you to order ahead of time.  It's $10/gallon.  There is also a co-op where folks drive to South Carolina to buy cow milk.  There are three different types which range in price from...
Yes...it is so much better!     Sometimes, it takes a few wakings and lulling back to sleep before DS (little one) is down for a stretch, but after that, he goes for quite a chunk of time!  He does better if my husband puts him down after I nurse him.  DD is doing well too.  We put a chair next to her bed and sit there until she falls asleep.  She still wakes once or twice a night too, but mostly because she has chronic eczema and the itching awakes her.  It's SO sad...