or Connect

Posts by Onemagicmummy

didnt read it all, im eating 1 handed hugging a grumpy babe, but it made me realise that i have zero birth guilt about Henrietta's birth. Zero, none, zip, nada. that is monumental to me as i still carry birth guilt from the other 4. will read it all later kiz
thanks all, as for camping, never been, would like to, but will wait till kids are a bit older and out of diapers i think. whihc will be a while, as yet again, i have 2 in diapers, lol, 2 nurslings too, its strange, i have found that i am getting touched out really fast and can only really bear to nurse DD2 once or twice a day and give her a bottle/cup of expressed milk too, i am so glad i agreed to test a breastpump, joy of joys it works for me. i can actually let...
we too our kids to our local museum last week, there is a egypy exibit and in one case were some statuettes/small items, one was of Osiris holding her child and DH commented on how it looked like she was holding her boob ready to start nursing the child. he thought it was cool. kiz
Block feeding is where baby is kept on one side for a whole feed period, so for me i keep Henrietta on teh right for a couple of hours, then the left and so on so forth. that way she gets the whole compliment of milk, fore and hind. i did this with my other two "long term" nursers. at the moment its means that while i am keeping her on one side for a while, the other side gets full and sore. usualy after she has finished, so i pump. i am well impressed as i was...
well i think im officialy a Mom of Many now, i had my 5th baby two weeks ago today. she is a little sweetie. Henrietta-Rose Jeri Rebecca Marie. she is a nosy sleeper, a great nurser, and super cute to boot. the bigger ones love her to bits and always want to hug and kiss her, even when she is trying to eat! im bloody nackered, what with nursing all day, and not sleeping very well at night due to nosy sleeper and trying to get back into swing of running the house....
a couple of questions. but first a little back ground DD3 (he he first time i have written that) is now 13 days old. DD2 will be 2yr old on 17th September. DD3 weighed 8lb 3.5 oz at birth, 8lb 15.5 oz at 9 days and 9lb 1oz at 10 days. DH asked me today if DD3 is gaining so well because i am tandem nursing, i dont know so i thought i would ask here and see what people think. DD3 is currently plotted on the 75%ile, DD2 has pretty much always been on the 25%ile , i...
started block feeding henrietta lately. today she had left side i think one time too many and refused the right so i decided to pump it with a medela swing im testing for a UK parenting mag. now normaly i get an oz, maybe 2 oz. today i got a whopping 7oz!! and 2oz of that was from left side which was "empty" and the rest from the right. i gave it to DD2 in a bottle she drank 3oz and left the rest, which is in fridge for her for later. this is great as it means...
does it seem a bit strange that i just sat down to a big steaming plate of an ofal lot of ofal(sorry, that was really bad wasnt it) plus placenta and onions/gravy/fries and saw this thread? yes im eating mine, but raw was too much for me to take and i dont own a blender so i cooked/am cooking it. to me it tastes fine, a sweet meaty taste, light, crumbly, would hide well in spag bol. Kiz.
Health Visitor came today and insisted on weighing Henrietta again, she had to do a check anyway so we did weigh her, shes gone from 8lb 15.5oz at 1oam yesterday to 9lb 1oz at 11am today. and she had had a huge blow out this morning too. we weighed Evie too, who is 24lb 15oz at 23 months two weeks. Henrietta is on the 75%ile, Evie is on the 25%ile, where she has always been so thats OK. Kiz
Henrietta was weighed today and she has gone from 8lb 3.5oz to 8lb 15.5oz in 9 days. She was not supposed to get weighed today but MW popped in to see us early as one of the swabs they took after her birth came back as growing summat nasty and they wanted the baby checked on, MW says she is fine, no signs of infection or anything, she is eating a lot, pooping a lot, sleeping a bit, well not sleeping like...