or Connect

Posts by UrbanMamma

Aaww, Mama, be kind to yourself.  It sounds like you are doing most everything you can.  One piece of advice for managing the little milk that you do have - only make 3 bottles and leave enough for a 4th in the freezer.  That way if babe doesn't need that 4th bottle, you don't waste the milk.  Also explore replacing one of those bottles with a sippy of something else.   When I'm getting less at pumping stations than usual, I make a concerted effort to try and get...
Hi all,   I have about 100 oz of milk I'm looking to give to a needy Mama.    About 20 oz of it is from mid March through mid May including about 10 oz of colostrum that is completely free from all meds.  I have been on a low dose of Zoloft since late May - the other 80 oz obviously has some traces.  Other than that, I'm a very healthy mama, STD free, etc and could probably dig up paperwork to show that from pregnancy.  Milk has been stored in a deep freeze, so...
I love my Japanese weekend shirts and dresses, although certain styles do better than others for my body type.  I am 5' and thus find that double v-necks do  better than the scooped neck that seems so popular.  Anyways, I've picked up a few dresses that are current or just last season off of Ebay at about 1/2 price.  Maybe you could try that?
We are also in Portland and put our first on the front with a Bobike Mini and the smallest helmet we could find around 9 months.  We are a one car family and it allowed my husband (who bike commutes) to pick babe up from a sitter once a week.  He loved it from the beginning.  By a little over a year, DH was going down Mt Tabor pretty fast with him on the front and the baby would scream with delight.   We love our bobike mini, are still using it 4 years later when it...
Buzzer - thanks for the clarification.  I'm really trying not to be alarmist, but sometimes I find people who are fairly natural living minded tend to downplay the real risks in pregnancy of going untreated.  Sometimes people mistakenly think thyroid issues is closer to a vitamin deficency than say a life supporting hormone akin to insulin.  And it can get out of control really fast during and after pregnancy which is what happened with my first... even with a family...
Here is a reference for the Total T4 in pregnancy issue.  http://labmed.ucsf.edu/labmanual/db/data/tests/918.html  While your labs reference values may differ slightly, this shows how Total T4 increases in pregnancy making your T4 on the low end of normal.  
OP -I'm pretty sure high TSH and normal T4 (with normal blood tests to rule out pituitary issues) is classic subclinical hypothyroidism.  Interpretation = your thyroid is struggling to work effectively to keep T4 within range; your your pituitary is signaling the thyroid to work harder by increasing TSH; so far, your thyroid is getting the job done BUT it may not be able to continue to do so.    One reason your your thyroid may be struggling to produce T4 is that it...
You are ok until tomorrow.  I didn't mean to add to the anxiety.  But this isn't something that can wait until next week IYKWIM.  Your baby is 100% dependent on you for its thyroid hormones until mid-pregnancy which are necessary for brain development.    TSH under 5.0 is an old standard for non-pregnant women.  Most endocronologists believe that if you are not pregnant and showing symptoms with TSH between 3.0 and 5.0, you should up the dose.  Further, according to...
You want to be more aggressive with meds if you are already pregnant.  Miscarriage (as you know, I'm sorry mama) and cognitive development is what you should be weighing this against.  You need to get that TSH number under 3.0 as soon as possible.  And you need to take synthroid starting today.    The standard for treatment is synthroid (brand name for T4, generic = levothyroxine).  Synthroid is the bioidentical inactive hormone T4 that your body then converts to T3...
Also, while I wouldn't banish him to his room, there is something to making home life VERY boring if he stays home.  No TV, lots of quiet time for baby naps, etc during school hours.  If he complains, remind him that if he were at school he would be doing X right about now.