or Connect

Posts by That Is Nice

Does anyone know anything about this trolls with wooden spoons thing? Did someone here on MDC start talking about me on this site? I see it's a closed forum that apparently talks about other things online. Or something? Can someone fill me in? Is anyone here on MDC on that site or have information?
Thank you AbiMommy for the nice PM. I really appreciate that. Also, incidentally, does anyone here know anything about something called - I think - wooden or woodeen trolls dot com or some such thing? I received a PM that I was being talked about on that? I know sometimes MDC posts / threads are lifted on discussed elsewhere on the Web...one time some posts I had in a breastfeeding forum were being talked about inappriately on some anti-forum. Does anyone know...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber But can I ask a question? Is he like really smoking hot, or something? Because I can't imagine someone telling me I had to put in "my share" in a marriage and still going through with it. O.M.G. I think I will literally bust a gut with laughter on this. This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! One would think H must be smoking hot, right, to compensate for all the other...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber I would say: "Here is what I will be able to do, and here is what I need you to do. Will you do it?" Being a part of a couple does not mean that you forever and always must meet HIS expectations. Especially when he is not meeting YOURS. Here is where I am coming from: I guess I saw my mom get told by my dad so many times that it wasn't the right time, it wasn't a good idea, they couldn't, they shouldn't, she'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiandmoi TIN, have you ever been evaluated for depression or an anxiety disorder? You consistently display a lot of the characteristics of a depressed individual, and you might benefit greatly from medication. If you were married to a man who said such things to you, would you be depressed? Yes, I have been to therapy and back. Thanks for asking. These are not depressive rants. My husband does and says the things...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hannah32 Well I wouldn't say that, but I would say that you are using the housing market as a reason not to leave. That's not good. The US economy is stagnated and will be for some time, maybe more than a decade. Are you prepared to waste your life with this man over a house? I hope not. You and your child should leave. Nothing is more valuable than your life. You know what? This resonates with me. I don't think the...
Well... In my opinion, H isn't a James Joyce figure. H isn't epic or tragic... H is an underperformer. If he can be reclined in life, he is. I think the dud label, however harsh, that my high school teacher applied to H sort of does fit, although, yes, it's not nice to think of anyone as a dud. H has said - in his own words - that tv is important to him. He has said if he can just go to work, come home, kiss his wife, hug his kid, and recline in a big comfy chair...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber I guess I don't understand why you asked him? In Costa Rica they had a saying: Better to apologize than ask and hear no. I don't ask DH. I do. I wanted to go from Vietnam to Korea. I got a job. I went. He followed. I hoped he would, but frankly would have moved on if he hadn't. He did and it laid the ground for the rest of our relationship. I don't ask. I give options: Should we go to Argentina next or...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber I feel so sad reading this. I hope you get out soon. Consider what I said about trading houses...maybe you can get a good deal. I will be thinking escrow thoughts towards your house, and praying someone comes to buy it soon. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in a marriage where there is no love...lots of pain and frustration, yes, but no love? I couldn't. Love is the only thing that keeps me...
Quote: Originally Posted by lolar2 Because of some very mundane life circumstances, I happen to be acquainted with some people who are such serious dreamers and go-getters that you probably have heard of them. And a few of them still act just like your H. They train the barrage of foul language and other verbal abuse upon their spouses and/ or employees when they think they might be about to thwart their grand ambitions, not when they think they are going...