or Connect

Posts by sm3247

I think it really depends on your job. My EDD was sunday the 20th and I'm still working, but I have a very nice boss and a low stress job. For me, it's a good distraction until the baby comes. I'm also in relatively good shape compared to my last pregnancy (at the end, I was so tired and miserable I couldn't function). If you don't want to go to work any more, then don't. Remember that labor will be difficult and you don't want to be tired and miserable from work. ...
I'm so exhausted I cry at everything. I was upset this morning - I realized that since today is DH's birthday - if I don't go into labor I'm going to have to cook dinner! I'm being a huge baby about everything. Every day when I go into work, they look at me and say "I thought today was your day!" They're nice about it, but I'm tired of the attention. I tried to duck out of my Dr appt. this week - I didn't want to deal with it and lucky for me, her surly office...
Congratulations! It sounds like everything went perfectly.
I wish I were in your position. I'd love to have a UC but I'm afraid DH would be very upset. I imagine I'll have a long labor and we live about 2 minutes from the hospital so there's very little chance of it happening accidentally. Good luck, and don't worry if you end up doing this on your own. You've certainly had a lot of experience delivering babies so I'm sure that everything will go well.
My first baby was over 10 lbs and I think the ONLY reason I delivered vaginally was because no one realized how big he was. I have pretty narrow hips and am not a large woman. this time my doctor seems to be pretty worried about a big baby (even though everything indicates that this kid will be smaller), but I'm not worried. I delivered a big kid last time with an epidural and pitocin, pushing on my back. No one can tell me that my pelvis is too small. I hate to say...
I'm tired of the "how are you feeling" question - but I have been for about 6 months now. I generally respond with "I'm fine, how are YOU feeling?" It usually shuts them up. The frustrating thing for me is that no one seems to be able to talk to me about anything BUT the pregnancy. On the other hand, it's the only thing I think about any more. I've been really trying to be a good sport and just go on with life, but I have definitely been a grump. Well, hang in...
I'm still, still waiting. I swear if I have to answer the question "when are you going to have this baby?" one more time, someone's going to get a pen in the eye.
I guess misery loves company. I was convinced labor was impending. My contractions have gotten closer together and I woke up in the middle of the night and immediately started to clean. Don't laugh - I was worried that my friend who was coming over to take care of DS would be horrified to find out that I hadn't done the dishes. I not only did the dishes - I did laundry, reorganized the bookshelves, did paperwork, cleaned the downstairs bathroom, and finished...
I'm sorry if my post caused you stress. It wasn't meant to be, but I can see why you're worried. It sounds like you're getting helpful info from your midwife and that you're doing everything you can. I felt bad being the naysayer, but I have a toddler and work in a very public building and was concerned about it too. I know most women aren't tested - probably because there isn't a lot you can do other than the obvious preventive measures. I still wish there was...
My EDD isn't until the 20th, but I'm getting impatient with all of these March babies arriving. I'm afraid it will be April before I get to see her. Just feeling sorry for myself.