or Connect

Posts by True Blue

Thought I'd get a new interest thread started!  If you get chicken pox and are willing to share, please post here!  
That's weird about an Ikea couch.  We had two Ektorps for 10 years without an issue at all.  We got rid of them to get a leather couch when DS developed allergies since they were old and I knew there had to be mites inside the cushions at that point.  I hate our new couch and can't wait to buy another one from Ikea....lol.
So far, DS is taking 1-1.5 tsp clay per day (he is 8); DD2 is taking around 1 tsp (she is 3); I have taken about 1 tsp for a couple days too.  I'd like to increase mine, but DD2 might be at her dose, plus it's harder to hide and get into her.  We're probably going to keep at this another week or so before starting probiotics.  I've mainly noticed poop differences in DD2, she is going a little bit more often and having higher output, I think.  I haven't been taking it...
We have other allergies too, so some of what we choose is to avoid those.  However, we generally use NOW methyl B12 1000mg cherry flavor, Twinlabs C from sago palm, and Thorne quercetin and folate.
My son has bad allergies too, and has seen great relief from supplements (Even moreso than zyrtec and claritin!)  He takes at least 2000mg of Vitamin C, 2000-3000mg methyl B12, and folate in the form of MTHF.  Also, quercetin is helpful.  We were all completely amazed at his relief from these!  Our family doctor recommended it.  With the mB12, he takes at least one per day (they are 1000mg each) and generally takes up to 3 or 4 total before 2pm if he is having symptoms. ...
They are not the most reliable tests, but they have definitely helped us.  So far for us I have had more false negatives than positives.  I would say just try taking them out for a week and see how you feel!  You will know if they are bothering you.
So why only start at 100B, if so much more is needed to make a difference?  Or is that for Kathy bc of lyme issues?   I'd like to start my kids in about 2 weeks when we get back from being away.  I will have access to Whole Foods while gone, I'm assuming I can find clay there?  Is there anything I need to know about choosing some?   And as for probiotics...I'm about out, so I'd like to order whatever they will need.  DS is 8 and DD2 is 3 now.  Still hoping I can...
Still dipping my toes in.  Does that mean that it's better to use one with less strains than more?  I had thought something like Therbiotic with 12 strains would get all kind of good flora in there, but I have nothing to back that up.
I'm pretty confused about the clay...what kind, where to get it, how to even take it.  I don't see my son drinking it, but if it were in capsules he'd take it no problem.  My almost 3 yo...not sure at all.  Maybe if I can mix it in limeade or something I made she would take it, but no guarantee.  And what about charcoal vs clay?   I do love the idea behind this, and kind of wish I wasn't going away in a week bc I'd start now!  It certainly couldn't hurt anything and...
We've taken Klaire Labs 100B forumula for a couple months in the past as we were still doing food trials.  I saw no difference at all.  No die-off symptoms, and no other changes.  The only results I got were from taking out the offending foods.  I have not tried it again since we have them mostly figured out, and was going to start again in a couple weeks (we are going away for a week next week so I figured the timing was bad now lol.)  I never went much above the...