or Connect

Posts by True Blue

How do I do pies?  I want to make pumkin and pecan, but pref with no dairy or coconut milk.  Is that possible? LOL  It probably doesn't matter, I doubt DS will eat either of those, but still I wonder...   And what about stuffing?  I should have gf corn free....but I can't find any breads that are free of both without baking them myself.  And I'm feeling a little lazy.  DH is gone til the night before so I'd like easy...lol.  OR...is there a more natural stuffing mix...
When I was pg with DD2 and got a sinus infection a couple weeks before my due date, I got rid of it with the neti pot with a few drops of tto in it 3 times a day, plus a xylitol nose sprayl....xyclear I think?  Plus I took garlic.
Just have to say thanks for the epsom salts to stop reactions info...I know it's been mentioned many times before, but I used it for DS's horrible eczema outbreak, had him sit in a nice bath for a while and the eczema is gone already!  Some dry spots, but not red and bumpy.  Whew!  Gonna keep that in my back pocket!!!  Boy Scouts is having a troop Tday dinner tomorrow night...I'm thinking maybe we should just skip it altogether...sigh...maybe if he just skips the obvious...
    Maybe because it is cooked?  Did you do applesauce and apples the same day?  I know my mom can't eat most raw fruit, but can eat them cooked.
Mamafish9 -- can you link me to the mo you get again?  I can't find the post, and, of course, I didn't save the link...sorry!!   RE fleece -- I read the same thing, that they impregnate the material with something to make it flame-resistant in the manufacturing process, but I don't know if it's ALL fleece, or just fleece intended for kids' pj's.
OMG Kathy...I can't even imagine.  Wow. :hug   DS is having a wicked eczema outbreak again.  So much so that he woke up last night whining about it.  Arm crooks, backs of knees, near armpit, butt...not very nice.  Honestly, it's been worse since we've eliminated food than it almost ever has been.  The latest is either weather, or pomogranate (it keeps underlining...I have no idea how to spell it, apparently, and for some reason my pc won't show the right way, MDC is...
  ARGH.  So his fleece pj's are a no-go.  Crapola.  I just bought him several pairs, though he has been wearing them for a month now.  Maybe it's coincidence?  There are no flame retardants in his mattress.  My mattress is organic latex, and DD2 sleeps there, but has no flame-retardant pj's.  Maybe a nightgown, and she has only worn it once.  Last night. LOL.  All of our cotton ones are chemical-free.  I guess I can get him sweats to sleep in, but he really likes the...
I was just wondering...how long til something is "outgrown" or "healed"?  DD2 reacted to gluten, wheat, and gliadin on her IgG, but they were very low reactions.  I didn't notice any real change in her when I took it out, the only real change was when we took out the sals.  I just wonder how long we really will need to be gf?  Is it like childhood wheat allergy, where it's likely to be gone in a year or two (she's 2.5)?  Or is it something we can add in sooner on...
I was about give a resounding "no" when I realized he does have some fleece footies now, he's sooo cold natured when it comes to nighttime.  He also has fleece pj pants.  Are they treated?  I know they say 'flame-resistant' but I always thought that when it came to fleece, it was the nature of the polyester that made them flame-resistant...am I wrong?  I never researched it.  Otherwise everything else is 100% cotton.
CS, glad to hear all went well, though those moments at the end must have been SCARY!!! :hug   Well, DS's eczema is back.  Not a lot, but it's there.  I think he has so many causes of it.   Sigh.  It was definitely super bad in the weeks up to removing sals though, so I think they play a part.  We'll find out as we add them back in, I guess.  I wanted to try him on cheese tonight, but he didn't like my cheesebread pizza (no sauce lol).  He liked the breadsticks...