or Connect

Posts by True Blue

Um, yeah. So I'm confused too I guess. I'm horrible with names too. Dam, I thought I was so smart! ROFL!!! On another 'aha' moment of mine, I was all excited about that Bob's Red Mill sale on amazon when a lightbulb went off for me. I have a Vitamix. Why the heck am I buying all these rice flours and such???? I was already excited when I was at Costco and found a 12lb bag or organic brown rice for $13 (vs the $4 or so I was paying for 2lbs or less elsewhere). We...
It's ChangingSeasons. I had to read her siggie to figure it out! lol Kathy, I'm so sorry you are itchy on top of everything else. I know how I felt all week, and it was torturous, so I cannot even imagine feeling that way on top of healing from surgery. May you find a drug-induced stupor to hide in until it passes...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 Amy, JaneS had success with coconut oil, but for us, it caused strong sals reactions. And it absorbs beautifully through the skin. Try some palm oil on your rash? bigknitwhit, chamomile tea is low sals, if that will satisfy you at all... That's what I thought I remembered from earlier. Definitely changing oils, lol!! I thought it was because she got a piece of spelt bread from DD1's plate yesterday,...
Thanks! Looks yummy! I did some searching around the internet and the allergy recipe thread here (which for some reason I never saw???) and copied and pasted a ton of new things to try, yay! Random thoughts about coconut oil...is there a difference in unrefined and refined when it comes to sals? Just wondering. I've been putting coconut oil on my rxn rash, and DD has been crabby, and now I'm wondering if that's why. Which stinks of course, bc I love coconut oil and...
So much going on here, and I sadly can't really contribute. I have no more advice, CS. Your situation is tough. However, on a good note, my reaction is finally waning, I slept hours in a row last night, and I'm no longer bright red and horribly itchy. Still a little itchy, and the areas that are clearing are D-R-Y...it's almost too bad I didn't get it on my face, it's like a free chemical peel. So, so, so happy to finally be on the mend, a full week after my...
So, ugh, the rep got back to me about the strawberry flavor. It's derived from corn, but doesn't contain sals. :irk That said, it probably contains less corn than the other forms we've been using, so I may try it out soon if things don't get better with the other changes. Still trying to figure out DS. The weather is changing and his enviro allergies are lessening, so that helps. I almost wish the cold dry weather would hurry up so the dust mites will all die and we...
We can do eggs, luckily. Makes at least some things easier! I did make some form of meatballs this week, and meatloaf tonight. Bean fritters...that sounds interesting. And cheap. It would be nice to have some cheap foods. On the bright side, DD2 now poops EVERY DAY. I never thought that would happen. And that is with minimal oral mag, and epsom salt bath every night. This is the child who has not pooped daily ever. Even as a newborn she pooped a couple times...
Thanks. Herbs and spices were my other question! Do you have any idea how much I Mexican???? But I use cumin heavily (or did lol). I need to figure out how much would be an acceptable amount sals-wise. Or what other spices I can use. I have 2 basil plants, and rosemary in the yard that I will have to harvest very soon. I forgot, we are alos eating onions and garlic with no problem I see. So I douse everything with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. I'm curious...
Low sals is going excellent for us, but I need some more to eat! I'm thinking greens. I love to put them in smoothies. I can see that spinach is moderate on the sals list, but what about kale? It's my favorite for smoothies. I don't feel like there is enough roughage going around here...what does everyone do? We are mainly eating pears, bananas, mangoes, meats, cheese, and gluten-free baked goods. I don't feel very well-rounded. I've made green beans. We can't do...
Yeah I know....meds can be scary...but so can a 3 yo who can't eat anything anymore. It's hard to figure the cost-benefit. I think of it two ways. If you can use meds for a little while to get you by, and maybe have more time for her to mature (and you not to be pregnant or have a newborn), then the process could be easier for the testing. Then again, getting it done now means you can do it while you don't have to divide your attention between her and a needy baby...