or Connect

Posts by xelakann

We don't censor. We have one side of my family who follows our amazon wishlist and is always asking what their interests are. My mom on the other hand always sends the craziest, most annoying, loud, not age appropriate toys. BUT even then we don't censor. It's annoying but my kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stuff my mom gives them. It wonderful to see that joy on their face.   We do donate things a lot, but only after they've grown tired of them. And some of the stuff...
I second the amazon wish list idea. We do this. For one you can put things on it that aren't from Amazon, so zoo member and other things can also go on your wish list. Two, it shows them the types of things your kids like.   In my family this works wonders!! Though I will say we sometimes get surprised, a toy I'd NEVER buy for my kids ends up being a huge hit and I'm grateful for that.
      To the "proven fraud" claim. The definition of fraud is deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage. If you are willing to consider the evidence-- basically Naomi's own words and actions-- without any embellishments or anger, I am sure I can "prove" that statement to be true.     
As a quiet member of both communities, here since 2007 and TWWS since 2010... I can say that a lot of people have it wrong about there. I am not a snarker or a mean spirited person. I have things I feel passionate about, but in general I am here and there to build relationships on not focus on the things we disagree about. However, I really feel that TWWS is getting thrown under the bus here. I think that if you just are (or in the last month) visiting TWWS for the first...
Yes this. I think that this is what is happening. I think it is like a big pendulum swing. For a long time things were way over to one side and when they let the pendulum go, first (like now) it will swing way over to the other side, then back and forth again in chaos until things settle in the middle.   I do lurk at TWWS. I have for about a year... though I don't post too often (usually in sporadic spurts) and when I do it is the *mostly* the rest of the community.......
I voted I like it the new way and I have no dog in this "troll" fight. For me it is the ability to have open discussion as adults. I do think things have gotten kind of whack, but honestly I think is because of all the over moderation that happened in the past... people now have more freedom and some have taken that too far. Some are finally able to be more authentic, good and bad.   I am definitely and natural minded person but I am also open-minded and interested...
I'm just going to say it... I too have been in the UC board since 2007 when I considered it with my son AND again in 2009 with my daughter... honestly and truly it didn't start getting nasty here until a couple months ago... (elizabethe). I feel really bad for saying this because typically this is not my style, but it is true. Before, you'd have a slew of people on here discussing UC... why they did it, why they didn't... what were their reason's for not doing it.... if...
check Etsy www.etsy.com   I know that she used to sell them http://www.etsy.com/people/willyandnilly
We used to have a cleaning person come too, along with our nanny.  She'd only come once a month and do the deep and dirty cleaning, but after awhile it was redundant with the nanny and often I like sneaking off WHILE the nanny is here and do the deep cleaning and scrubbing. It's nice to get in my zone.   For me and my family having the help has actually improved my parenting skills. By allowing myself to take breaks (and WAH when I need to) it fills up my cup so I...
We have a nanny that comes two days a week for 5 hours and often once a week for a date night.   It really isn't as much as one would think. She as helped us a lot. She does help with cleaning and errands, but also it allows me to get out the house and get my errands done. I am super attached to my kids, but it is great that they love our nanny so much too. We have no family near by and I think them developing a trusting and loving relationship with another adult. I...