or Connect

Posts by CanidFL

Hello midwives!   I haven't posted on here in so long but I thought some of you could help me :)   I started my own home birth business last year and I am getting totally overwhelmed with the accounting/book keeping/billing stuff. I am good at being a midwife but the financial side of running a business is fairly new to me. I am reading some books and trying to give myself a crash course on running a business but most of them are geared towards retail business...
Hello!   I am set to graduate from midwifery school in August 2012. Currently I live in Orlando, FL. I would like to open a homebirth practice in Florida. I really want to move closer to the ocean and live in a coastal community. I am asking you ladies where midwives are needed in Florida. I already have a pretty good idea of where most midwives are working and where some need is.   Maybe someone has a suggestion I have not thought of yet :)   Thanks so much...
Thanks so much for the information ladies. Everything was healing up fine and he wasn't really touching himself much. This morning he retracted fully again and started crying saying it hurt. I used the link about how to pull the foreskin back over and it worked. I'm not sure on how to instruct him but if it's hurting it seems obvious that he shouldn't pull it back. I feel more confident now though.
Last night my son fully retracted his foreskin for the first time in the tub. This morning his foreskin would not fold back over the head and there was a big blister looking bump on the frenulum. I put some comfrey cream on it and took him to daycare.   I just saw it for the first time when he went in the tub. The foreskin is now back over the head but it looks like it has a tiny (I mean tiny) tear in it and he says it hurts to pull back now. The tip is all red. He...
Thanks so much. I am going to look more into those and ask around to my local midwives too.
Hello beautiful midwives!   I have one year of school left and I want to ask for a doppler this year for my birthday. Could you lovely ladies please tell me which brand you use, why you like it and any complaints about it?   I prefer one with a digital readout and waterproof probe since I LOVE waterbirth :)   Thanks so much ladies
We include Sunday night in our EOW because it's easier on DS. He is only 2 and goes to bed at 7 so if he gets dropped off at 6 then he is so excited to see me and bedtime is really hard on him. My ex drops him off at daycare on Monday morning and I pick him up Mon evening. Seems to work here. I guess you should go with what works for your family.
I have been doing online dating for about 5 months now. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I think most people move quickly because they have wasted so much time with the email chat only to find there is no real chemistry when they meet in person. There were many guys the I chatted with for a few weeks and we never ended up meeting or when we did I was not attracted to them at all. Since I am used to "the game" now, here is how I typically do it. I narrow...
I am going to school in Florida at the moment where XDH and I both live. I have always planned on moving to the west coast after school and now I am divorced with a court document saying I can't move more than 50 miles away from my ex. The problem is, he has told me many times that he doesn't really care if I take DS and he will just do summers and holidays with him. But then when we went to go sign the papers, he started saying how great of a dad he is and he will...
Thanks