or Connect

Posts by UptownZoo

If we had rugs, they'd be nothing more than dog hair traps! We have hardwood throughout except tile in the kitchen and bathrooms with no rugs anywhere. The "official" reason for that is air quality; youngest DS and DH both have asthma and severe environmental allergies. But even if they didn't have those problems, I'd want it just the way it is. If somebody spills, all it takes to clean it up is a damp rag. How handy is that?
I've written similar posts many times over the years! I feel like I'm always losing the threads of our lives - we run out of clean underwear, or dinner doesn't even cross my mind until everyone is screaming for food (and of course I've got nothing but cereal and ketchup), on and on. It's so frustrating! My stress is SO high from caring for Carter and getting him to all his appts and therapies that I feel like I have no room for anything else. (The ONLY reason I never miss...
Bisou, my dear. Poor Mama. I'm gonna tell you a bunch of stuff. Some of it might seem, er, unusual for MDC. Please know that if I sound bossy, it's only because I've been there. I know you read my blog and we corresponded some there, but I have more now. First point: This is not a discipline issue. Again: This is not a discipline issue! One more time: This is NOT a discipline issue. I know how hard it is (really, really, down in my toenails KNOW), but climb...
To me, a bare house doesn't feel comfy. In the early, seriously broke years, I shopped the thrift stores for pictures for the walls (actually, I got some great stuff that's still with us even though we could afford something different now) and other decorative things. Fabrics, too, are important: something pretty on the windows, decorative pillows, and throw blankets make a home feel cozy. If you're readers, books make a personal statement, too. I'm also a fan of candles,...
DS7 and I watched it last week. I thought it was really well done.
Freaks and Geeks. Best. Show. Ever.
Carter has hoarded food. We were stunned when we discovered it because it's not something you expect to see in a kid who has ready access to food whenever he needs it! But under his bed we would find all kinds of food - loaves of bread, cans of beans, plates of leftovers, etc. We could never explain it or understand it, and he hoarded pretty regularly when he was 3-4 years old. It was so strange, though, that he didn't really mind when we went to his room to reclaim...
The waiting is sooo hard! I remember waiting for Carter's genetics panel to come back; I was on pins and needles. We also were prepared for a fragile X dx, but it came back negative. So, obviously no answer since Carter doesn't have fragile X. He was like an overcooked noodle from birth, but it's neither here nor there in this context. I hope the next 2 1/2 weeks goes quickly for you!
This is what I love about MDC: sometimes we have the most fascinating discussions here, based on such a little question! Really interesting to hear all the viewpoints. Quote: Originally Posted by clicksab The way we view it...our allegiance is to God and that's it. Yet, ironically, I also disagree with "under God" being in the pledge as well. There's nothing ironic in that at all, and it's even a primary tenet of the Anabaptist faith:...
Gah! Killed another one!