or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Another check in. Without much change in my behavior--I read books and tell her some extemporaneous stories and sing English language songs--my daughter is now, at age 4, passable in English. Her Arabic is outrageously good--she even makes up poems in Arabic, and word plays, and is so creative. I'm sure she'll have that in English eventually. She surely is working to catch up these days--most of her play alone is in English lately. Sometimes I feel worried that she'll lose...
Just wanted to say nursing was hell for me with my first. But after it was hell it was bliss. For me it was so worth it even though I did get depressed. A few weeks can make all the difference. Dr Jack Newman's website was a big help. Also, JNajla, just wanted to remind you it's normal to get more milk out sometimes than others. Usually early morning is when you'll get the most, and the end of the day is when you'll get the least. Rest and stress can make a big...
Don't give up. I know how hard it can be. With my first it took a month or so to get things straightened out. Make sure also that you are getting enough lying around/rest time to aid your recovery. This page has links to make more milk hypnosis meditations, as well as ideas for coping with your very normal feelings of discouragement.  
Sorry I've been off the radar since the baby came! I am really thankful for this thread because I was having major baby blues (crying and weeping a lot about all kinds of things, joys and upsets) and one of the things I was sad about was that this pregnancy/birth journey is over... and it was empowering and healing. But now the much less straight-forward long haul of life with two children begins. My first week was easy because the baby slept at night... though my other...
      i gained between 18 and 20 lbs eating to hunger (only very nutrient rich foods, though) and my babe at term was 7lb 14oz, same as my last babe, and I gained 30 lbs on a less healthy (but still very good, no added sugar) with that pregnancy. Both babies were very healthy at birth. I was very thin to begin with this preg (bmi 18.5, bmi aound 24 for the previous preg.) Shows we're all different and all pregnancies are different.
writing from the other side of labor--I wish you all the labor you want for yourselves!   Our daughter was born Monday night after 5 hours of mostly easy active labor. We're all well. I posted my long, long birth story in the group. Love to you all!  
Sorry about the funky font issues... Anyway, on with the story. I'll repost it later in the birth stories forum.   I was in a low mood with low energy over the weekend. Friends did a "mother blessing" celebration for me, which raised my spirits and made me feel supported. But I was still not the mostly happy, energetic person I had been just a week before. I felt like I had PMS. Sunday night, I had a big flash of anger and an hour's worth of energy that made me clean...
I'm in labor! I wasn't sure until the emptying out of my digestive system and then... bloody show! I didn't think I'd have that because I didn't with my first, but yay! All is going well. Hypnobabies and Sufi songs are taking good care of me. p.s. My almost 4 year old daughter is so excited--she keeps saying, "yay! my sister is coming!"   Also when we opened the birth pool liner, we found that it is has the symbol that corresponds to my baby's name's meaning! How...
I'm reading this while in early labor, and oh, what a sweet story. And what a sweet, sweet picture! Congratulations!  
Congrats Presslermom! Such lovely news!   Today may be my day. I am really bad at timing those beautiful contractions. I have a hard time identifying when they are starting and ending because the coming and going are gradual. I was pretty unable to do it last time, too.   One thing that is throwing me off is that I have been having restless legs at the same time as contractions, and last time I didn't have that problem despite that my RLS was much more severe....