or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Yay!!! Congratulations!
Thinking of you, BumkinsMom! And BabySmurf, too.   Nothing much going on down here. In a bad mood, mostly, and trying to just act normal and not cry or snap. Having a better day with my daughter, at least. I'm reserving the best of me for her, and trying to save as much as I can for my sweet husband, too.   I feel like a lump. Just want to hunker down. Don't want to go out and be social or anything like that. It's like I just took the casserole out of the oven,...
Oh, oh! I am so happy for you and so happy to see your picture. Such a sweet view! FWIW, I would be very glad to read the long version of your birth story if you felt like posting it!
I stopped taking my EPA a couple of weeks ago because I did hemorrhage last time (while I wasn't taking EPA at all) and it is documented to thin the blood. Everything else, I'm keeping up.  
Hurray! Such lovely news! Enjoy your new life with your son!  
I haven't slept well in a few days (after a beautiful week of very good sleep!), and I feel I'm unraveling. Moody, weepy, tired and it is harder to move around due to pains in my thighs when I walk. Yesterday my friends did a mother blessing for me and it gave me a huge boost! I feel like I'm going to get through this next year (and possible PPD) with their support. Also I have a good action plan for PPD. Kind of seems my PPD already started so I'm already working on...
Cocobird, Is this your first? I didn't have any signs of labor with my first until my water broke to start labor. That happened the day after my due date. Your yearning sounds so sweet and holy even if it is painful!   The past few days, my mood has been pretty bad. I had to drastically decrease my EPA/DHA (which I take for skin problems and depression/anxiety) to reduce the risk of hemorrhage, so that doesn't help. Also lack of sleep the past couple of nights...
I used FAM (symptothermal method of NFP) for years and never got pregnant. But after my first was born, I found it too complicated to chart because my sleep was too messed up due to PPD, bed sharing and breastfeeding every two hours for a very long time, and I was distracted. We relied on barrier methods and awareness of my ovulation at times. This baby was a "surprise" caused by, hmm... Anyway, so we know we don't hope for more children, and it's scary that our wiggle...
JNajla, you sound like you're coping with the uncertainty well. I'm glad you've got plans and backup plans that will work for you!
Yeah, the whole keeping the house clean is kind of a funny task, isn't it?   My husband makes a middle eastern mezza (including hummos, baba ghannouj, ful, salad, bread, crackers) for the birth crew.   And we'll have a lot of green juice and light kinds of foods for me. Last time right after the birth, I was offered lentil soup and there was no way I would want that. But I was really really tired and hemorrhaged... Hmm. Maybe I'll make some kind of vegan,...