or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Voondrop,   Due to living in a tropical climate and medical overtreatment of a bad case of mono, I used to get terrible yeast infections. (Now I haven't had one in years, but they used to be the bane of my life!) Things that helped me was repHresh gel (to balance pH in my vagina) and borax suppositories. I wouldn't recommend the borax when you're about to give birth, but the pH gel could really help. I would think also that avoiding dairy and excessive meat (which...
  I think it's normal to wonder if you can do it, especially if in your circle of friends and family, it's not very common. And especially if your mother didn't give birth without intervention. Try to remind yourself that most women in all of history have done it, and most women in the world still give birth without epidurals and such. You are a unique person, of course, but you and your body are not all that different from the billions of people who have lived and...
I'm so happy for you all!  
I like this thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. And Sweet Huck, I hope all these rehearsals will help you have a nice, smooth birth when the time comes! BabySmurf, how interesting that we have exact opposite feelings about this phase of pregnancy.   Saw the midwives today. They agreed that my cramping on Thursday right before the baby suddenly dropped probably was to facilitate the drop. And they confirmed the baby's head is low. This...
https://www.hypnobabies.com/store/product/71-turn-your-breech-baby-mp3   Here it is!  
JNajla, you sure you don't want to try the hypnobabies hypnosis track for breech? It worked so well for me, and it's inexpensive and relaxing. Might as well get everything possible on your side!  
Yeah, those cervical twinges seem pretty normal. I've had them a lot in the 3rd tri, and had them last time, too.   I am mentally completely in about-to-have-a-baby land and have been since around 37 weeks. It's definitely intensifying. It's mostly a nice feeling, kind of dreamy, easier to take things lightly, but with the occasional shifts to sadness or other less-desired feelings. I love this last phase of pregnancy, the waiting, the sense that it could happen any...
My weight gain is between 18 and 19 lbs and I'm 37.5 weeks. My belly size is on target and all my other indicators are normal. I notice that my weight sometimes gets higher if I'm better hydrated and is lower if I'm dehydrated. I have no swelling at all so far--so different from my last pregnancy when I gained 30#, and both the baby and I lost a ton of water weight post-birth. I'm a good eater usually but don't have a huge appetite this time around. My midwife wondered...
Thank you for all the kind words and good ideas and advice. I'm feeling better in a way because this weekend I accomplished a lot, and my husband seems to be finally getting into nesting (maybe I inspired him with my activity?) and he did some good work, too. My biggest accomplishment was cleaning out the office. It has been filled with haphazard piles of stuff and boxes (due to an unwanted inheritance that has been hard to deal with), and we have been making baby steps...
Okay, now I'm 37 weeks and 3 days, and the thing that is really bugging me is that the house does not feel ready to me for the birth. Not clean enough, not organized enough, and I don't really have the energy and grit to take care of it all myself. I've accepted that the house will not be as ready as I wanted it to be in terms of sprucing up and organization. But the bathrooms need to be spotless or near so. And the floors need to not make our feet dirty with crumbs and...