or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Wow, what a healthy looking and beautiful baby--he sure doesn't look sickly and I'm so happy for you!
My daughter (will be 4 in August) seems excited. She kisses and talks to "her sister" in my belly quite often, and she likes to tell people about how she has a sister who is still in Mama's belly. Today she was telling me that she doesn't want to be too much of a big girl. She doesn't want to be 3 and a half, she just wants to be be 3 and three months. (So endearing!) I try to reassure her that she is still little and we still take care of her and love her. She also...
I refer back to the sections about labor and fear/pain quite often. I think they are the best I've ever read, and I admit I'm a kind of birth junkie. I already practice mindfulness as part of my personal path, but I felt this book and he practices offered a lot in terms of pregnancy/birth specific practices as well as body awareness stuff. My husband couldn't get into, though, so we didn't do it together. In the end, I decided to lean very heavily on hypnobabies, which I...
I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow! I am really proud of how my husband and I have worked to keep me healthy, body and soul, during this surprise pregnancy. It has been a healing experience for me and has deepened my relationship with him. My first baby was basically on time and I'm not ready for this one to be too early. So I'm thinking we've got a few weeks, which would be good because our to-do list is long.   My priority should be, though, just getting the house and...
I waited until our daughter was 6 months to do any vaccines even though we traveled internationally. Our holistic doctor felt that breastfeeding and being worn would very likely keep her safe.   After that, I think we did HiB, Dtap and polio very, very gradually. Polio because of our fairly frequent international travel and because it is considered a pretty non-reactive vaccine. If she were in daycare, we would maybe do more. To be honest, I don't feel very confident...
Oh, I forgot to mention I've been doing a lot of the spinning babies exercises daily for a while. Not the breech tilt, but the inversion and the rebozo and some of the other hip opening type ones especially. And trying not to sit in chairs too much. And yoga many days and walking. I think all of these things contribute to feeling better, at least. So I'd recommend them, too. :)  
    I was worried about ECV, too. My doula sent me this article that gave me some hope that it was preferable over a c-section. But I haven't looked into ECV much beyond that article, because I thought it likely that the baby would move. Thought I'd share in case it brings up any data you hadn't already been through. Hope you won't need it, though!       I didn't realize how preoccupied and stressed I felt until she went head down finally. Thanks for sharing in my relief...
At my prenatal yoga class  the other day, we were doing a warrior pose and I asked the teacher, "I feel a little off balance--am I doing something wrong?" She said, "no, you feel off balance because you are this tiny little thing with a huge belly!" and compared me to a spider.   At 36 weeks, that sums it up. My belly is big and is a strain to carry around, especially after nights when I don't sleep well. I keep injuring the ligaments around it by picking up my...
Congratulations! I love your writing style, and I'm so happy you got to naturally birth this baby. Beautiful!  
I did the hypnosis thing for several days, and during each session I could feel my ligaments and uterus relaxing (wow!) and then during the parts where you ask your baby to move, I could feel her moving, but she didn't necessarily move all the way to head down. She finally moved to head down today, though! For the first time I felt kicks in my upper belly--how exciting! Now I just need her to stay in that position for a few more weeks. (Right now I'm at 36...