or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Wow. You are amazing for getting to and through that class! What a miserable experience. I will remember it in solidarity the next time I have one of those moments of pregnant animalness.
I had a homebirth, but after reading MamaZee's post, I was surprised by all the similarities between hemorrhage experiences despite the different circumstances. I was just on the edge of needing to receive pitocin and a transfer. Getting the placenta out through uterine massage and perhaps drinking the anti-hemorrhage herbal tea I'd made the night before seemed to slow the bleeding. We got the baby to latch on right away, which can help with hemorrhage, I've read. Also,...
  I am sorry that you have so many medical concerns to look after--have you got any answers yet? I'm thinking of you and sending my prayers for you and your baby. Also I hope you are having some happy times amidst all these worrying things. I imagine all will be well in the end.
  I know--it's hard to be pregnant! I feel that 'how am I gonna make it through?!' too. My first pregnancy, I started it out with kind of macho thoughts about how I'm tough and most people are whiners so I signed up for all kinds of hard classes and also studied for and took the GRE... and bought our first house and blah blah blah. By the end I was kind of a wreck, physically and emotionally, and that made for a hard postpartum period. I'm sure you're in better shape than...
Cute thread title! With my first one, my breasts barely made a peep before before, but after birth, whoa! I was waking up in pools of milk and wearing cups during the day that collected my milk for later!   I was wondering if anyone knows about this: I'm still nursing my older daughter 2-3 times a day. Should I expect as much leakage as I had the first time around, once the baby is born? Or is it usually less the second time around / if you are already nursing?...
Do you think you might have vulvar varicose veins? Those were troubling me a bit earlier in pregnancy. I'm not sure what made it better, but it isn't as bad right now. I had it during my first pregnancy, too. My midwife recommended a maternity support belt for it, but I didn't get one. But if felt exactly like deep, throbbing menstrual cramps in my vagina. I hope you get through the day alright, and that it passes.
So far no actual PUPPS for me, just possible signs of it. But poor Tenk!   If anyone has really bad restless legs, I found a treatment that works well. (I have one of the worst cases of RLS one will hear about, and after two weeks of this treatment, it is much better but not gone.) It's a kind of near infrared light therapy. There are devices you can buy that cost a minimum of $750 (, but I found a way to do it for about $200. If anyone wants info, just message me and...
I'm with you. Especially considering the many benefits of transferring the good bacteria from mother's body to the baby during birth. We only get one chance! If we take antibiotics, we wipe all the good stuff out. And it probably puts us at risk for thrush during breastfeeding (ouch)! My goal is to keep eating a veggie-rich whole foods diet with some added probiotics and hope I'm negative for GBS when I do the test so I don't have to deal with any of that mess. (fingers...
Thank you for posting about your challenges, though I'm sorry you're going through all that. It makes me feel less freakish and isolated. The PTL and diabetes sound really stressful, not to mention changing care providers/birth plan! But I'm glad you're getting the care you need.   I didn't get much sleep last night and it's rainy here today and a bit chilly, so going outside doesn't appeal to me. (In my better times, we go outside no matter what. Right now, not so much.)...
I am 33 weeks today and I feel a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of being pregnant for another 7-ish weeks, with probably an increasing cascade of challenging symptoms. I really haven't had any major problems until recently, when restless leg syndrome got worse, and the muscles around my belly started getting so tired when standing up. Then at my midwife appointment my mw noticed that I have a rash under my belly, similar to what I had last pregnancy before my PUPPS...