or Connect

Posts by sky_and_lavender

Oh, what an exciting time! Nobody but you is living in this time of possibility and mystery. Enjoy it! Talk to your baby about how happy you are that soon you will meet him/her, and how happy you are, too, that s/he is safely nestled in your womb. Tell her how you trust her and your body to bring on the big change when the time is right, and tell her about all the things in the world you look forward to sharing with her. This is such a magical time, the only time in your...
I'm sorry you're suffering from mysterious pain and digestive symptoms!   If I ate a bunch of grease, it could throw my system off for quite a while.   IBS is kind of a trash can diagnosis, what doctors diagnose when they're not sure what's going on but it doesn't seem serious. Definitely pregnancy can affect digestion, and can bring on or intensify new food sensitivities. It's possible that dairy or gluten are contributing to your problem, or it could be greasy...
I think what messed us up was that we were doing EC early on, which is why she learned to do #2 in the potty very early. But I was never very consistent with my ECing when it came to pee. Sometimes I EC'd, sometimes I let her go in the diaper. It was convenient in the sense that I have pretty much never had to change a toddler poopy diaper. And then I thought it would be easier for her to learn to pee in the potty if she wore pants or nothing at all instead of diapers....
I'm not the OP, but we're in a similar situation with our 3.5 yo regarding pee. (She's been potty trained for #2 since before she was 1, and I was sure we'd be done with #1 by the time she was 2--we've been doing this for that long!) I really like your ideas. We've never used rewards or punishments outright, but I have been wishy washy on whether to show if I was happy or upset when she went or didn't go. And as time has gone on, we have definitely shown our...
How frustrating when people comment on your size and compare you to others! At this phase of my last pregnancy (or maybe around 30 weeks) I had strangers literally calling to me from their cars, "how much longer?!" It was kind of funny, but they acted like they felt sorry for me when I was feeling okay, really. I'm just short and my baby was all in my front.   These past few weeks have been a challenge. I was feeling so great before this. Then I caught a bad virus...
Thank you guys for your words of wisdom. Really helped put the scenario into perspective!  
My first was a homebirth, and I plan this one to be a homebirth, too. I didn't have a lot of fear about birth prior to the beginning of labor, but I think most people do regardless of where they are birthing. It's very human to fear the unknown. Also, how you approach birth might mirror your approach to the rest of life. Do you have a lot of anxiety about things in general? Is it particularly hard for you to let go and trust in the natural order of things? Some people...
Just wanted to say that eventually stink was a huge issue, but not for at least the first six months. I was thinking the pee smell that came from my diapers any time they got wet had to do with my not very efficient HE washer and perhaps using hard water rocking green when I guess I needed regular. Maybe not. Also some of my diapers were hand-me-downs a couple of times over, and who knows what the other people washed them in.   Anyway, I used the PUL wet bag, hung on a...
Was wondering if any of you have had experience having your young children (my daughter will be 3.75 yo) present for the actual birth. I want her to experience that birth is natural and normal, but I'm not sure if it would be traumatic for her to see all the bloody, messy stuff of her mama giving birth. Last year she seriously injured her finger and it involved a lot of blood, so she knows that blood can be scary. Also, if it is all happening at night, should we wake her...
Thanks for sharing your story and your sense of humor! And I loved the pictures. Congratulations on your sweet baby!