or Connect

Posts by flower01

I did not need one in the beginning at all. But, once my babies walk they really like to be up and down a lot and sometimes a stroller is just way more convenient.  We babywear MOST of the time, but there are times when I like havign a stroller...like at the mall, either to hold your bags or to allow you to put your baby down so you can try some clothes on.  Now that I hae 2 kids I definitely NEED a stroller.  I know somepeople wear 2 but it wasn't for me. 
Hi.  I was recently diagnosed with stage four colon cancer and had surgery a couple days ago to put in a stoma for a colostomy bag.  It is obvious that I will no longer be able to use my Ergo for my 18 month old.   For around the house I have a mayawrap that I can use in a hip carry, but am wondering if anyone can suggest something for a back carry. I was so looking forward to our family hikes during the spring and summer and would love to find a solution. I have...
YES!   My DD is almost four and she has always been shy around strangers. It really irks me how some people almost force themselves on my kids. At first we used to say she was "shy," but then I read here why you don't want your child to adopt that label and we changed it up. Unfortunately, she picked up on it fast and now she will come right out and say "I'm shy."  So now I have to redirect that.  To strangers,  I would say "She's not feeling talkative right now."  "She...
I have started weaning my son during the day...this is working for us. I let him nurse for nap and at night (he is still an all night nurser).  But, I am having some symptoms that I can't figure out...I have achiness all over my body, in particular my back.  And it's the kind of achey flu feeling - almost makes me feel nauseaus.  I also have something going on in my abdominal area, but that may or may not be related.   My breasts are not engorged, but I do feel a tingly...
The dentist was actually really supportive of breastfeeding and assured us that we are doing what's best for our son. However, she did say that for some reason that they don't fully understand some kids just have teeth that get soft and are easily susceptible to decay.  My older DD has the same thing...it is heart breaking to me. They will both have to be put to sleep and have many teeth removed.    With my daughter, she had a really healthy diet when she was first...
Ok, I've got to get my son to eat more.  He likes pretty much everything but I can't always get him to eat more than a couple bites. And he always wants to eat during dinner...which I don't let him do but he still always asks.   I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or methods to decrease the nursing and encourage eating more.  I'm in a place where I need goals or tactics.  
Thanks ladies for all of your advice.  I think it is just really hard to know when you move from the stage of "needing" to "wanting." This little guy is so much more difficult than my DD was because he won't let Daddy soothe. My DD wasn't easy, but at least DH could take over with her.    The food sensitivity is an interesting idea.  When my DD was younger we thought that it might be a diary intolerance. But, now she is almost 4 and is a lot better.  I have to be...
I'm having the same problem as the OP. But, it is intermittant. Happened yesterday, but I'm typing fine today. However, I do not have the time to go through such a detailed form.  I'll come back to Mothering when the site is improved.
It is called Life as a Parent and it is under Parenting. I think it's been there for years. I had no trouble accessing it just now though so I wonder what the problem is for OP.?
I don't know. I left here to go to other boards for awhile because of the opposite fear. I used to come hear for support and like-minded conversation and I started to see so much name-calling and arguements it was really frustrating.  I don't need to go online for drama. I am looking for people to affirm parenting decisions and help me. I just hope that these changes won't allow for more negativity.