or Connect

Posts by flower01

oh, well that is good to know about the breastmilk.  That is definitely a weight lifted if it's true.  I'll definitely check with the dentist.
There are a couple issues that I NEED to address with my 17 month old - who nurses and cosleeps.    -Sleep - we aren't getting any.  He nurses all night long. We tried to start the process of night-weaning, my husband taking over the night shift and sleeping in different beds. But, my son is obstinate. He SCREAMS...even in arms. My husband walks and paces with him for hours and if he falls asleep, he quickly wakes back up to scream again.  We gave up, it just didn't...
This is what I was hoping to see as well.  As much as I am sad to see Mothering mag go, and I have gotten a lot from this forum, it has become too difficult for me and I have started looking for other forums to find community and get the info and support I need. I WANT to stay here...but it's just TOO SLOW. I have a 3 and 1 year old...i only get short spurts of internet time. Every second wasted is...well, a second wasted.
I went through the exact same thing....pregnant, miserable, 2 year old wanted to watch constantly and tamtrums when I turned it off. So....we put the tv away.  It was hard to do, but my DH did it. He got fed up and locked it in a closet...and it was great.  Out of sight, out of mind for DD.  It was harder on me a little bit because I could'nt rely on the TV for rest, but overall it was so much better. Pretty much eliminated the tantrums.  We actually got rid of the TV...
My DD loses things all the time, too. Drives me nuts how quickly she can forget where she put something. But, I see it as age related for the most part. And I just consider it my job to teach her to learn to keep track of her things, but I dont expect her to "be responsible" at this stage.
DD has always been this way.  She is almost 4 now and it's gotten a lot worse.  It used to mainly be when we have to leave somewhere.  But, now it is anything...if I let her watch a tv show, she starts crying 3 minutes before it's over. If we are playing a game, she starts whining that she doesn't want to stop playing...before it's even over.  The worst is when we are at a friends house.  We have tried every recommendation and the best thing to do now, is to not give her...
I dont exactly know what I'm asking.  Everyone I know IRL, has strict bedtime routines and their kids are never allowed in bed with them.  My almost 4 year old has had her own room with her own bed for about a year now. We never forced her into it...just introduced her to it and kind of let her start sleeping in it on her own.  She desires to sleep in her own bed, however she is a terrible sleeper. It takes FOREVER  for her to fall asleep.  Then when she is finally...
When DH works late or is out of town, I love my kids in bed with me. Family naps (when they happen) feel like a luxury.
Would love some tips, too.  Same thing here. DH falls asleep putting DD to bed, while I fall asleep nursing DS to bed.  By the time the kids are asleep, we are done. Dinner isn't even cleaned up half the time and we have no time to ourselves.
With both of my kids I've just nursed on demand basically. No schedules no limits. But, I'm really feeling like I need to put some limits on my son. He is 15 months old and he is just nursing constantly.  I try to distract him with food, with play, but he won't give up.  And the worst part is that he likes to switch back and forth a lot.  The worst part is when we are out. It seems he uses nursing when he doesn't like something...like he always wants to nurse when we are...