or Connect

Posts by wake_up

She's scrumptious!  Congratulations!!!
At this point I'm just wearing one to soak up the sweat in between the two!   Ok, it's hot here now.  Summer in Texas.  My feet and hands are suddenly swollen, and my fingers keep going numb... I really thought I was going to escape the swelling this time!  I had to go buy some most unattractive sandals - but they're padded on the bottom and have a big adjustable top flap, so they fit over my stupid pillow feet.  Bought half a watermelon, gonna blend it up into agua...
I'm a checker too!  But...   Somewhat related... the other night DH was out on a gig and I was vegging on the couch, curled up with the laptop.  My phone rang and it was across the room, so I got up to answer, and as I was talking to DH, turned around and saw A BIG BLOOD SPOT ON THE COUCH where I had been sitting.  Didn't say anything to him, but ripped off my skirt and undies to see where it had come from... no sign there... still talking calmly to DH... when I...
Congratulations!  How amazing to start reading about births!  This is getting real, folks...
 Yay new baby!  Congratulations!!!
My 3.5 DS has had no problems.  He can retract quite a bit, and does so all the time, though I'm not sure what "fully" would entail.  The only sort of "problem" ended up not being one, though I'm afraid if I had taken him to the doctor it could have become problematic... Last month he got bitten by a bunch of fire ants, including one bite at the base of his penis - foreskin swelled up, got purple, and looked like a freakin elephant trunk, but he said it didn't hurt and...
Toward the end, there's this: "Sunderland argues that putting children to sleep alone is a peculiarly western phenomenon that may increase the chance of cot death, also known as sudden infant death syndrome (Sids). This may be because the child misses the calming effect on breathing and heart function of lying next to its mother."   That's clearly in the same bed.  Maybe cosleeping in general as a term could technically cover sleeping in the same room but not the same...
Nesting!  I am in that awkward phase of having the overwhelming Desire to nest, but missing the compelling Urge to get off my butt and do the things on the lists I'm compiling.  32 weeks now, so I do have some time to get it in gear yet...   My mom threw a baby shower on Sunday, and it was nice!  Lots of dainty treats, ladies chatting in a circle, bunches of useful and thoughtful gifts.  Rounded out the small diaper stash, got some wool breast pads, a few really cute...
 I'm due the 25th, right there with ya! 
 Here's another one I really like but we can't use because of last name clashing: Fawkes.  I love it!