or Connect

Posts by wake_up

I got some chewable papaya enzyme tabs that are awesome.  When I feel the heartburn rising I chew one or two and it goes away, enough that I can get to sleep or forget about it.  I find that when I bend over forward is the worst - so I have to be really conscious of body position when giving massages!
 DS was vertex throughout pregnancy, then turned breech at 35 weeks!  I was pretty freaked.  Saw a chiropractor well-versed in the Webster technique, baby turned back to vertex a day later.  Other options for positioning that my midwife mentioned were moxibustion/acupuncture and Maya Abdominal Massage (which I went on to study, and now know that it's less about positioning the baby and more about positioning the uterus) So don't worry just yet!  You've got lots of time...
What a ridiculous thing to get upset about.  My 3 year old son loves to paint his toenails; currently each toe is a different color.  Bright colors are fun!  Why should girls get to have all the fun?   Seeing stuff like this makes me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by reasonable people in my daily life. 
Floradix!  I love Floradix.  Spendy, but so worth it.
My, what a chatty bunch!  6 pages in and it's only the 10th!  I can hardly keep up.   Finally, I am most certainly pregnant.  Some pubis symphysis "looseness" happening - I refuse to call it dysfunctional yet - really slowing me down though.  I gave a shiatsu session yesterday and felt decidedly un-catlike - may be time to cut that out.  I'm only 29 weeks though!  There's still plenty of time to get uncomfortable.  And it has hit 90 two days in a row, so summer is...
 I had a weird, involved dream last night about finding out the gender of this baby - we were getting an ultrasound in a big library, and the tech said before anything else, "It's a boy and you will name him A___" (I can't remember the specific name?) and I thought, no, you're wrong, it's not a boy!  And then the tech handed me a container with a penis-and-scrotum-shaped cookie in it, and said, "you see? it's a boy!" to which my response was, "what about this blobby...
 With my first I hardly noticed them!  Late in pregnancy I was at a midwife appointment and she was feeling my belly and said, oh, you're having a contraction.  I went, what?  My belly was all tight and I couldn't even feel it.  After she pointed that one out, I did notice it on occasion.  But they never felt at all like the labor contractions, which were definitely at intervals and felt crampy.   This pregnancy, they're more obvious to me, and I occasionally have to...
Thanks for posting this.  DS is 3, still RF and it's helpful to have an "authoritative" source like the CNN article to point people towards when they question.  He's still only 35 lbs and pretty short, and we have another 5 lbs to go RF in his seat.  Have already turned him in Grandma's car (weight limit lower RF on that seat), but he doesn't seem to have a problem with different directions at different times.   Posted it on my facebook, we'll see what kind of...
Can I join in?  I'm a self-employed massage therapist, cobbling together chair massage gigs with a private practice - now out of my newly constructed home studio! and DH is working on an escape from his cubicle job.  Baby #2 is due late June, and around that time he is going to ask for a "demotion," hopefully not a big pay cut but a shift to a less responsible job, just putting in the hours instead of having meetings at odd times and so forth, to spend more family time,...
Love Zenara!  And Xylia.  We seem to have pretty much settled on Cosima Rose for a girl and Arthur for a boy.  (of course, next week I may change my mind altogether, then I'll be back here stealing your extras!) I obsess about names, so there's a long list that were considered and nixed for one reason or another:   Earnest Felix Otto Arlo Garnet Miro Dhatri   Spring - Lately I think this is the greatest girl middle name!  Still might use...