or Connect

Posts by twinsplus1

This happened to me too. Estrogen cream helped me. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it but the good news is it will get better when you eventually stop breastfeeding.
Quote: Originally Posted by newmom22 Where are you in Canada? I'm in the GTA and seeing Dr. Newman at his clinic in Toronto weekly. So far so good. He says he has had a BFAR woman exclusively breastfeed twins!!! He will write you a prescription for Dom if you email him and have it sent directly to the pharmacy of your choice. Of course if you are anywhere near Toronto I'd recommend going to see him personally. It's made all the difference this time around...
I did it twice, the second time more successfully. I would be happy to help you. Feel free to PM me or email me. The first time I had twins. They were born at 36 weeks and one was in the NICU. I was a NICU nurse and thought I knew all there was to know about breastfeeding.. wrongo. We started with my daughter who was not in the NICU. She latched on pretty well at first and did really well. My son wasn't able to eat at first and when he finally was able to eat he...
I wore the easy expressions bustier over my nursing bra. It was wonderful.
Hello, Still having problems with cotton babies inserts staining. This poop is not blueberry related. The diapers have never sat any more than 12 hours without being washed. Here's what I'm doing: Wash diapers and inserts (pulled out of diapers) in prewash cold with Sun detergerent Wash diapers and inserts in hot water with Sun detergent The diapers don't stain.. just the inserts. I can get them pretty clean with the bleach pen but I'm afraid to keep doing...
Hello, I'm only a few days into using CD.. my baby is 13 months old. I got some Bum Genius diapers and have been liking them so far. Yesterday my baby had 2 large poops (blueberries!) and both inserts came out very stained. The diapers got clean without a problem. I'm washing them right away and I used a hot wash and a cold rinse with Sun detergent. Is it ok to use bleach or stain removers? Right now I'm sunning them but it looks like it's about to rain.. how long is...
Ordered some Happy Heinys cloth trainers for my twins to wear at night. I also got 4 Bum Genius diapers for my 13 month old. I was impressed at how nice they were.. I actually got to try them on her which helped a lot. I realized Fuzzi Bunz weren't a good option for us because she didn't quite fit into the large and I don't want to get new ones after she outgrows the medium! She's currently napping in her very first cloth diaper.
This happened to me right after I had surgery. It was better in a couple of hours though.
Lots of replies but I'll add my opinion.. I had breast reduction surgery. I did my best with my twins but due to improper latch that I couldn't fix I mostly bottle fed them breastmilk and quit after 4 months due to a lot of things, one of which was a terrible case of thrush. My singleton and I had a much easier time. She had a great latch but took a month to regain her birth weight because I was told not to supplement her at first. We eventually did have to...
You can defintiely do it. It's daunting at first but you can do it! I would definitely suggest seeking out your local mother of twins club. You can look at the National Mother of Twins club website at www.nomotc.org Good luck!