or Connect

Posts by IdentityCrisisMama

See...she knows!  
Yes!  I don't actually look at stats but you can go to "hot posts" at the top and there are almost always at least 3 vax threads there.  In case anyone wants to know what Mothering was like to post in back in the day...this was it. Fast, fast posts, lots of discussion, hard topics, people working hard to get along even if they disagree. Ya'll took me back. 
Wait, what!?!   I got a PM asking for clarification about linking other threads/posts here at Mothering. I think generally that's sort of frowned upon if the inclination is to have a gossip. In the case of this thread since we started out talking about a general issue and then it evolved to talking about specific posts we got into a sort of grey area. I'm glad that it ended up being the member whose post we were talking about who eventually linked the thread because that...
Alright...    Mod hat.    If someone asks a question and it doesn't get answered, that's life on discussion boards. It is not a violation to not answer a question. It IS against the UA to continue to make things personal. Please discuss the topic of this thread.    Sometimes we have to agree to disagree on a subject. And that's OK. 
To my knowledge Mothering doesn't really have any strict policy about posting borrowed photos and I don't know too much about public domain photographs. The second photograph in the OP, which looks to me to be the same photograph you shared may well be from a public site anyway (that grave site).  The first photograph is the one that the meme was made from from looks to me to have originated from the blog I linked earlier.  Meme creators should avail themselves of the...
I think the second photo is what was linked here. The first (which you got via email) looks to me to be from someone's blog. Did you happen to ask the person who emailed you for a source? That would be interesting to know.  And, I'm not pressing your or anything. I just think it's so interesting how images get shared in such a way to remove their source info.  Also, I've done it!  I collected some image for a painting once and was careless with linking back to sources. I...
In reference to sharing photos of other people's children, I totally disagree with you here. But, I have somewhat unconventional opinions about who owns the ethical rights to photographs of people. I think/wish that the people in the photos have a right to a portion of the photo (in addition to the photographer). I would feel violated if someone shared an image of my child's leg online or in a meme or whatever. With permission is an entirely different thing.  I think...
When I first started posting to this thread I didn't realize we were discussing an image shared here. That's all sort of sinking in.  I agree.  I also think it's best (and more fitting with the user agreement) to speak about the issues rather than individuals. 
I think it's on all of us in the media "like & share" culture we have. I'm certainly raising my daughters to be critical thinkers and cautious when it comes to sharing this sort of thing. It's not enough to blame it on the meme maker (as we see all around the internet). We need to be savvy share-ers.