or Connect

Posts by IdentityCrisisMama

Happy birthday to your boy!  Kudos to him for teaching you what he needed. 
This IS a good thread!   I want to keep what Lauren said in mind because there really is a whole lot of truth in that. I've seen families sail by with 4 kids only to get hit by a 5th that just didn't fit with the program of the family and who was very difficult to handle.  That said, my two (so far) are able to be disciplined by meeting their needs for the most part. I have punished but those were really more about low parental energy/resources/reserves and less about the...
At that age range I think I would get out of the focus on kids cleaning just their stuff. Sort of like what FF is saying. My 12 year old does have chores that are her job. But for some time (before she was 7) she would help out in other areas and I would help with her stuff. I think setting them up to focus on their stuff is not working and could back-fire when they're older and think they are in charge of just their stuff, which isn't a very nice way to live with a...
I ask you to go back and read both of Cynthia's post that include the link to the discussion thread about the recent moderation changes and try to understand why I felt that the discussion was critical and off topic. However, I try to make positive assumptions and acknowledge that I could have been more gentle in my wording.  102. (related to Turquesa's post about employment)  If you are a business owner, find a way to run your business so that your employees have access...
 Here is the thread posted that discusses the change and welcomes feedback:  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1400364/posting-guidelines-for-the-forums Your implications about my intentions are not appreciated. 
To get this back on track...   102. Being politically active and working towards access to quality education, living wages, safe living conditions, high-quality of life (so they can have time to care for themselves and their family) for all.  
The reason for the new guidelines is because many wonderful members with valuable contributions felt that the posting here on the various vax forums was really uncomfortable. Some members were flagging posts for what I would consider mild comments (both sides), which was time consuming to deal with amid the frequent criticism that mods were biased. Some members couldn't see blatant name calling when it was a comment they happened to agree with. So, while some members may...
Just be cautious. We are trying to improve the culture so that there is less back and forth and more useful information for ALL of our members to participate in. Thanks for asking for clarification!  Cwill, I am removing your post because it is against our UA.     ETA: We did a lot of editing and moderating on that thread. Many posts were removed and posting behavior was addressed. No one can post to the thread because it is locked.    Members are welcome to discuss...
My DC was really close with boys and girls as a young child. I think she really needed to have a big variety of friends with a big variety of interests. It wouldn't have felt right for me to exclude the option of sleep-overs for boys when she was younger. She was here playing with her friend and they were just so sweet and young seeming that his mom and I forgot that they were becoming teens and are starting to show interest in early romance.    As a teen myself I know...
My DC will be 13 in September (is heterosexual as far as I know) and I sent her off for a sleep over with a boy last night. It was funny that it didn't occur to me to think twice until she was out the door. My concern was just putting her in a position where she or her friend felt sort of pressured for something because of the circumstance.  I'll be having a talk with her when she gets home to see when she would like me to pull the cord.