or Connect

Posts by IdentityCrisisMama

You edited after I responded... This thread was a light thread about moms who choose to drink and BF, a choice that is acknowledged as an "ok" choice by many respected BFing advocacy groups. Probably the same ones that you may look to do advise on issues like drinking while pregnant and etc. Sometimes it seems to me that if the science says what we want we're happy to trot it out but...  I doesn't surprise me to learn that you have a general concern for acceptance of...
Yes, and he says a lot of other things too.  Hale, LLL, and KM all suggest to me that women can feel comfortable with moderate drinking during BFing.  
Also, if quoting Hale, doesn't it make more sense to look at what he ways about drinking instead of what he says about other drugs?    http://www.lalecheleague.org/faq/alcohol.html
Yes. And I would add that the association between having a drink and "getting drunk", is not something that the average adult makes. If someone has those associations, it makes a whole lot of sense that they consider waiting to begin drinking until they are not caring for young children - whether they are BFing or not. I drink like a civilized adult when caring for my kids.  I also have another side of myself where I like to really indulge, got out to clubs and etc. I stay...
   That's a bummer to hear that your guidelines seem redundant and missing required content. Seems like the worst of both worlds. 
Simonne, are you in the France? If that's you, do you remember me trying to visit but being pick-pocketed in Paris?
I'm not going to trash Ravitich because her credentials certainly speak for themselves. I wonder if part of the debate over how much fixing we need has to do with where you live. And then it's hard to talk about fixing when testing often what we use to evaluate that. The majority seem to want less testing (I know I do) but we kick ourselves in the foot because we refer to them all the time, it seems. In my city, you don't need test scores to tell you that something needs...
I just read one article that suggested that Ravitich suggests that the real issue is poverty. For that I 100% agree!  This article is a good intro but...but...the reforms she offers are kinda' silly, especially if she wants to reduce class size. Of course I won't pretend to know the answers. I do hope that CC will work well for a lot of kids. It seems to be working for mine.   
I've seen her interviewed as well and have read some of her articles. I remember specifically her talking about how the US compares to the EU on testing and she used that to suggest that schools were doing well. I didn't love the comparison to Europe. I lived there -- there is no good way to compare the US school system to other countries.  And also,  from my reading (it turns out that one of the classes I'm taking is a history of American public education), there is no...
Can you get EWCM while breastfeeding and it not mean ovulation?   I think I did. I remember it being the beginning of the return of my cycle, which did not return for maybe 6 months after.    Can you ovulate while breastfeeding and not have a period afterwards?   Don't know.    How will I know when my fertility is back before the period comes?   My guess is that, "you can't."  ;-)     What was your first postpartum period like? (Mine were hoooooorrible before I...