or Connect

Posts by IdentityCrisisMama

Just be cautious. We are trying to improve the culture so that there is less back and forth and more useful information for ALL of our members to participate in. Thanks for asking for clarification!  Cwill, I am removing your post because it is against our UA.     ETA: We did a lot of editing and moderating on that thread. Many posts were removed and posting behavior was addressed. No one can post to the thread because it is locked.    Members are welcome to discuss...
My DC was really close with boys and girls as a young child. I think she really needed to have a big variety of friends with a big variety of interests. It wouldn't have felt right for me to exclude the option of sleep-overs for boys when she was younger. She was here playing with her friend and they were just so sweet and young seeming that his mom and I forgot that they were becoming teens and are starting to show interest in early romance.    As a teen myself I know...
My DC will be 13 in September (is heterosexual as far as I know) and I sent her off for a sleep over with a boy last night. It was funny that it didn't occur to me to think twice until she was out the door. My concern was just putting her in a position where she or her friend felt sort of pressured for something because of the circumstance.  I'll be having a talk with her when she gets home to see when she would like me to pull the cord. 
Ok, I'm going to ask for edits. I realize very much that the term "anti-woo" may mean whatever one wants it to mean but that term falls in the category of words like "sheeple", especially when lumped in a sentence with the term "non-vax".  Members are certainly welcome to discuss having had a change of mind/heart over a choice they made but that needs to be done without resorting to name calling. Also, please tread very lightly when choosing to discuss other threads in the...
Title says it all...
I just asked my 6th grader and right now she has to do 5 paragraphs/at least 4 sentences each.  She did not write papers in 4th. They did creative writing but it was super relaxed. 
Members continuing to discuss and joke about whether we welcome name calling have been restricted from this thread. If you would like access returned, please PM me and we can discuss whether you understand the UA and my posts to this thread, which can be found here:    http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1399336/measles/160#post_17602958   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1399336/measles/200#post_17604455   Andrew Lazarus, you have not gotten any take-down...
Ok, you all are posting so quickly that mods can't get around to taking action on flags before discussion on moderation starts up.Give us a minute, please. I removed two posts with the term "free loader / free rider".  And then like 5 posts that went on to discuss the post that I removed. On this thread or another like it, I already explained that this is an unwelcome term. Please do not post to further discuss the use of that term. That is not a welcome term. You are all...
Urgh!! I SO feel you.  I carpool and the tweens are getting physically too large to squeeze in the back with the toddler so I let one tween sit in front.  They chat with each other, the toddler screams to "turn it up louder" (music) and there can be just general chaos (feeling) in the car sometimes. My tween likes to control the radio, which I would be fine with but it's super distracting to me at unpredictable times.    I do think a safety talk before getting into the...
Some child hitting me...wow!  I don't know. That has only happened to me once and it was a swing directed right at my face. My instinct was to catch her hand and say VERY firmly, "I am not going to let you hit me."  I'm not sure if this was my finest GD moment but it was the only time in my entire life that anyone has ever tried to hit me and I was kind of shocked.    General misbehaving, yea, I agree with FF (as usual) that I would gently and in a "we've all been there"...