or Connect

Posts by MJoKirk

Everything suggested I have tried, except for tickets/tokens, and I may do that.   I think you all hit the nail spot on the head with daddy being more lenient. He has never been the primary provider, and now I am in school all morning. He now has much more parenting time than ever before, and I guess I just didn't realize how much that has changed their behavior (especially hers). I do think this difficulty in letting go of something to move on to something new is...
My 5 yo DD has a really hard time with anything that could be considered a treat. This could mean edible treats (candy, cookies, etc), a television show/movie, specific play time plans, etc. Anything that is deemed special.   She does this with tv. She does it with one-on-one time with me-we have 15ish minutes of Mommy-Lorien time every day, and this is never enough and every time it ends it is awful. Crying, whining, screaming. She does this when playing and then...
My 5 yo DD has a really hard time with anything that could be considered a treat. This could mean edible treats (candy, cookies, etc), a television show/movie, specific play time plans, etc. Anything that is deemed special.   She does this with tv. She does it with one-on-one time with me-we have 15ish minutes of Mommy-Lorien time every day, and this is never enough and every time it ends it is awful. Crying, whining, screaming. She does this when playing and then...
Has anyone had this happen? My son has significantly less interest in nursing than my daughter ever has. DD is 5, DS is 2.5. I think it is likely he may wean on his own before she does. I am ready for her to be done, but she isn't quite yet so we have a "plan" that she will be done on or before her sixth birthday. No pressure from me, but I initiated the conversation. I think it likely that DS might be done before then, he will be 3 and 4 months when she turns...
    Thanks! :) I imagine they won't stay that long. I haven't lost any length, really, at all. Some in the back are pretty tight (the few I "started" first- so they are close to 2 months old now) and they are noticeably shorter.    So excited to be on this journey!
Hi, mamas! I have just read through all of this (and the 2010) thread. How is it possible that I had that much time? I'll tell you- I barely slept last week obsessing over dreads. :giggle:   Here are my dread-babies. About a month old! :)     Sorry they are sideways...don't know how to fix that.   So? I think I love them. Of course some days they don't look this good- just trying to be patient.   I did twist and rip (ish) and then some...
Yes there are solutions, but the banding or lancing and things like that are for painful, thrombosed hemorrhoids. If yours aren't causing pain, please don't try and have them removed. That will just cause you MORE pain! :hugs: I know more about hems than I care to admit. ;)
I am nursing a 1.5 year old and a 4.2 year old. I am totally okay with the fact that DD (oldest) has not weaned yet. However, she asks to nurse EVERY time DS (youngest) nurses. I understand, and when I can I let her. But I cannot nurse her in public anymore...I just can't. Or can I? Maybe I just need someone to tell me THAT is okay?   She was always fine with "the only food C gets right now is milky, so he needs to be able to have it any time he wants" and such...
We have tried redirecting to touch different parts of him. "Cyprian likes it when you touch his head, or his back, or his belly, or...." Lots of encouragement to use gentle hands when touching her brother and love on him, which she does...but then she forgets herself and all of a sudden is rubbing all up in his face.
My daughter is almost 4. My son is 16 months. Since he was born she has done this same thing with her hands in his face and it is getting out of control. I wish I could explain it better, but she just touches his face constantly. Like she just CANNOT keep her hands to herself. It starts as just a "gentle" hand touching his face (like covering his eyes, and blocking his vision and ability to do anything else, as he tries to get away from her hand) and then gets more...