or Connect

Posts by inky leeuhhh

I'm going to be Hsing my almost 3 yo through preschool now that we have a house with a playroom, and I thought I'd offer affordable care to anyone out there who might need it since I'll be home. We live in Tacoma near Edison elementary. We're obviously AP, CD, BF friendly. I'm a former preschool teacher and have been a lead for infants up through pre-k. PM me if you're interested, and please feel free to move or delete this if it isn't appropriate! I just remember how hard...
No real advice, but I can relate. I've always known I was bi, but after having dd3 I've realized I'm really only attracted to women. Nothing to do with the sex of my kids or even really them specifically- I actually think most of it was realizing how much I hate being pregnant, and I hate it because it changes my body in ways my identity isn't comfortable with. I've been so involved with men mostly due to peer pressure and the way society is, but I've never really been...
I've given birth twice at Overlake. I can't remember who my OB was with dd1. I honestly was't very naturally minded at that time, and I'm not sure I could tell much about the birth other than it resulted in my dd being born. I DO remember that I had heard to let myself tear naturally vs. having an episiotomy done. Well, I started to tear and the OB told me as he was giving me the stinking episiotomy! I didn't even get a choice. I recovered slowly from that and it really...
i've been working on organizing what they do have. it does look a lot better, they just have SO MUCH. lol. or maybe it just seems like a ton in our little place. if each girl had a room to put the stuff in, it would all be contained, but they share this one tiny room. i think i'll weed out what they don't care about and go from there. i think my older dd would even help me get rid of stuff. hmmm.
we are a family of soon to be 5 living in about 900 square feet. i am desperately trying to get rid of junk before this baby comes. we will actually hopefully be moving into a bigger house this spring, but the plan is to have an in home daycare, so our actual family living space will probably still be small. we'd be using the living/ dining area for the daycare, and probably an extra bedroom as a "family" room. and of course after hours my kids could play in the daycare...
Hello everyone! I haven't posted in this forum before, but I need some advice. We are currently a family of four, soon to be five, living in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. We will hopefully be moving this Spring after the baby comes, but I figured I'd take the next couple months and de clutter, so we're starting over fresh in the new place. It is VERY cluttered in here right now. My question is regarding my girls' toys. They have a lot of plastic toys that I think are...
2 year olds are not good at making people feel appreciated- lol- so i feel for you! i really feel like just now my almost 8 year old is starting to appreciate other people now more. i just started to SAH too, and i am not finding it to be as amazing as i thought it was. i think i built it up for myself. my 2.5 year old is very busy, and much more work than i thought she would be. it's exhausting! and this is coming from someone who worked in a room full of 2 year olds...
all i can do right now is make sure i get dressed. it stinks because i'm pregnant, and literally only have two pairs of pants (both yoga pants) that will fit me for the rest of this pregnancy, and we have no money to buy any more. if i don't get dressed for the day (even if it means getting out of my grubby pj's and just into my yoga pants and a nicer sweatshirt), i feel awful. i miss looking nice for work more than i thought i would.
i am so right there with you right now. i just became a sahm, and dh (who was not into helping with chores before, but at least would try) has stopped helping me with ANYTHING. omg! i didn't realize how much work being at home would be. i'm 7 mos pregnant, i homeschool my oldest dd, and my 2.5 year old is very high spirited and refuses to potty train with this baby coming, and is still up 2-3x per night. UGH! we live in a tiny apt that needs to be constantly cleaned up,...
i started thinking about it when my dd was two, but it didn't seem possible. i decided it was important enough for us to try and make it work, no matter what. we recently almost sent her back to public school, but ended up deciding to keep her home again this year. i think it's definitely worth considering and researching in the toddler years, esp if you plan to do something more "formal" hs-wise for preschool.