or Connect

Posts by inky leeuhhh

I agree with the bolded statement totally!  
i work full time right now and take one online class per quarter. that's all i can handle on top of my two girls. the house has gone to heck, it's a mess. i'd actually really consider the paper plate idea if i wasn't so darn cheap. lol. i won't lie- its hard even with just one class for me. i teach preschool and i'm exhausted by the end of the day. right now i go to work, come home, relax for maybe ten min, clean up a little bit and feed the girls ( i love cooking for...
we were pretty unschool-y last year when dd was in k. it was alright in some ways,  but i really felt like some structure suits her personality much better. the comprimise we came up with was to structure the basics (reading, writing, math) and be super relaxed with the rest. how do you think unschooling has worked for your older dcs so far? does it seem like they are learning the things they need to know? i felt the same way you did- like unschooling took a lot of time....
i voted relaxed, although we follow a routine and have structure. so maybe we're structured? lol. i put us as relaxed because i'm fairly flexible and easy going about things. tonight we didn't do school because i was late with getting everyone a bath, if there's something dd is especially interested in i'm all for letting her explore it, yadda yadda... i just need structured activities and a general routine because our days are really busy with both dh and i working full...
i think the library idea is a great one! i think we're relaxed homeschoolers, but dd needs some routine and structure. we focus on reading, writing, math, and history right now. i plan to add science in in a while here. we use a combo of stuff i planned and stuff i bought pre- packaged. for handwriting we're using the handwriting without tears program, with some copywork thrown in. for history we use story of the world as general guide, and i fill that in with lots of...
well, it sounds like your dd is happy and eager to try ps, and you will have some help with the transportation- so do what you need to get healthy now and don't sweat it :) .
its crazy because even with us sort of able to do the minimum right now i feel like we are still ahead of where she would be at if we were doing public school. i think pretty soon dd1 will be abe to handle some independent work and that will help. we were hoping that i could stay home starting this spring, but we want to get some debt paid off so now were hoping for next fall. bah.
thank you! :D
you guys sound so busy compared to us :oX  . i work full time so we do reading, writing, and math and doing all of that takes us about an hr a day. we do about 2 hrs a day on weekends, and i add in history on those days. we also homeschool over the summer and most breaks. some day, in my wildest dreams when i can quit working, i think our sched would look like this (dd 1 is 7, dd2 is 21 mos):   early am walk on the horse trails near our house 8:00-...
thanks for the reply. i have calmed down a little since i wrote my op, lol. i think we will need to take her in to see someone. she does have problems with staying focused on things like school (one of the major reasons we are homeschooling this year), but i never considered add/adhd or that something else could be going on in addition to the original dx. hmm.