or Connect

Posts by AmandaTN

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)   We just got the phone call from the agency and set up our home study. Holy crap! It's next Friday. I feel like I might vomit.   Thankfully we took the week off to get everything finished up, but we are both like... "oh crap, this is really happening" right now.
Hi all!   I've been at MDC for a long time, but mostly as a lurker. I'm finding my normal forum doesn't have a very active adoption/foster thread though, so I thought I'd come over here and check things out.   My husband and I are almost finished with our PATH classes - just 2 more! We'll officially be done on April 8. Right now we are waiting to get our home study set up. We've been busting tail trying to get our house ready--lots of cleaning, rearranging, home...
You replied to that a lot more kindly than I would have.
  Do you really believe this? Or is this something you just worded terribly wrong? I assure you that atheists, agnostics, polytheists and religions that celebrate different deities are just as grateful and thankful for their children as Christians.   OP, people have no right to comment on other women's bodies, point blank. That means whether you have 10 children or zero, it's no one's business. My response in your situation would just be "We love our children very much...
Well, dear, I'm sorry that you feel that way.   The fact is, I'm fat. Far fatter than your weight of 230. I have been my entire life, and will most likely be for the remainder of my life. If I waited to be thin before I had children, then I'd just never have children.   I actually found a fantastic RE, recommended by my OB/GYN, specifically because he doesn't discriminate against obese patients. The first thing he asked was why I was visiting him. I said,...
Probably my entire wardrobe comes from mainly Old Navy (EVERY pair of pants/jeans I own), with a small bit from Avenue and Target. I'm on the larger side of the average plus-size clothing range; it's hard to find stuff that fits comfortably.
Pretty much all my symptoms pointed to PCOS... abnormally long/absent periods, weight gain, hair everywhere it shouldn't be, infertility (obvs), etc. I also didn't think an U/S was going to show anything surprising (although my doc did say the RE would probably do one anyway).   We have been trying, for over 4 years. Charting, OPK'ing, herbs, basically anything and everything that I could do that didn't require an MD to order or prescribe.   I've been researching some...
It went well! Well, except for the mini-breakdown and panic I had in front of the doctor. I swear, I was very nervous and anxious, but still keeping myself together, until she asked what I was most scared about: the actual exam or finding out something could be wrong. And I don't even know, but that question just opened the gates. I flailed around and weeped and gnashed for a couple of minutes, and then I was (relatively) okay.   But that sucker hurt! Everyone says...
Thanks everyone. I don't have a problem with making DH leave if they need to ask DV screening questions. I just really want him there to hold my hand during the vag exam.   I will definitely print off the past charts I have. They aren't consistent, but I have some starting from 3.5 years ago, so that shows a timeline of the problem anyway.   I haven't had a period since late September, and it's taken so much courage to even make the phone call to set up the...