or Connect

Posts by beansmama

Whoops. Didn't read yer whole post! My 2 cents were completely invalid ;)
Hey everyone!   My mind is sufficiently eased now, haha, thanks :D   I was getting worried about staying in sync with public schools...but i don't WANT to worry about it, kwim? I just tend to start spazzing if things seem to relaxed, and I know that list up there may not be relaxed to some, but as a hyper organized nut, it is to me, lol! And...like I said, reading bloggers posting about how their kids do....okay. comparing. I need to stop comparing!   Thank...
Ooooh. I hear you!   My year old has a really rough time with math, and I have a rough time understanding her rough time, because seriously...she says she "can't" count on her fingers either. She can't subtract or add simple numbers that most kids could just say without thinking. BUT...it's gotten a little better since I sucked it up and put her back into 1st grade math. I just figured it was better for us to start from scratch. Some of the concepts are too easy and...
So, I've been homeschooling for all of 2(ish) months. My dd was really behind in math (but doing great otherwise) and I felt terrible sending her into the 3rd grade to just continue getting further behind. I found Time4Learning, and it's been going really well for us. DD really enjoys the math and LA, but the science is really dry, and the social studies is only so-so, as far as keeping her attention goes.   So I picked up a couple of text books from a thrift store...
  I'm sorry, this just really makes my skin crawl. I realize this is just you "seconding" the original comment, btw. So this is not just directed at you.   Think about it, ladies. Just TELL your husband what to do, "Polish the furniture" in a monotone voice and hand him a rag and some furniture polish? Really? What if the situation is reverse? How would you feel if your husband came up to you with some a skillet and spatula, and said monotone, "Make the dinner". I think...
Well, what has worked for me is to start treating my husband like grown up (not an extra child, like I used to). I don't nag him, or chore him, and yet he is constantly helping me around the house and with the kids - even though he works full time and participates in a separate organization 3x's a week or more.   The key really is to just admit I need help. I just tell him, "I can't pick up the house but it is sooo thrashed right now, can you please help me?". He...
We are huge rice and bean fans...although we rarely eat "rice and beans".   I often make a big batch or soupy beans and we eat them with corn tortillas for dipping, topped with cheese and whatever else we are in the mood for.   Rice is our main grain. We eat a lot of ethnic dishes, and I typically serve them over rice. My daughter would probably could live off of just rice and beans and be happy ;)  
Oh - and I thought I'd say that we're not gamers, but we download a crap-ton of torrents and stream things often. No problems that we've noticed :)
I've been using Ooma for almost 2 years now. I love not having a phone bill.   i paid about $200 for the set up. We only have one phone in our home, so I ended up selling off that extra hub (or whatever it's called...I really don't remember anymore) for a decent amount on amazon...lowering the cost a bit more :)   We just use a cheapie cordless phone we got from a local store. Our service has been nearly perfect. Probably better than any landline I've every had....
Sorry, I do realize there is another thread going on about chicken pox...but I think it's just in regards to treating it? Anyway...   I'm not quite positive my son *has* chicken pox. It started out as two (on on each foot) bug bites...well, what I *thought* were bug bites. My son (2) didn't seem bothered by them at all. I found them yesterday morning. Well, at around 4pm, my husband asked me if I saw the spots on Ds's hands - which he thought were warts.   So I...