or Connect

Posts by beansmama

Eugene is awesome as far as the library and parks are concerned!   My daughter is 7 and goes to Corridor Elementary. It's a public charter school right by our house and is really fantastic....reaaaaaally cool. I'd suggest you look into that school if you do decide to move here.   As far as politics go and whatnot, I prefer to stay out of it...but since I moved here from a very tiny town of less than 10k people, I've been very happy. Lots of free activities, tons...
It's super easy, don't stress.   Check a box, no questions, voila! You're done :)
I'd recommend "Codependent No More". I'm reading it right now and it's AWESOME :D
My formatting was sooooo beyond outta whack I'm just gonna start over now, lol!   3/22 - (all vegan/homemade) bbq ribs, baked mac n cheeze, spinach 3/23 - not sure yet!
3/1 - coconut curry rice (had lots of garbanzo beans and veggies in it...wasn't just rice!), broccoli 3/2 - tempeh burgers w/ spuds (all homemade) 3/3 - homemade pizza 3/4 - general tao's tofu, brown basmati, broccoli  3/5 - tempeh fajitas 3/6 - fend for yourself night. 3/7 - Soupy beans and tortillas  3/8 - Homemade pizza w/ tempeh sausage...
We recieved an unexpected co-pay refund, so our FFEF is now at $5750/$10,000. I'm continuing to look for books and whatnot around the house I can sell...but I'm running out of things, lol!   My mini-goal right now (I decided I needed one, hah!) is to have $7,000 in our savings by May 1st. Technically, *that* is our entire FFEF, but $10,000 is a nicer number, and having a 8.5 mo EF isn't going to hurt a bit, right? From what we can save from Dh's checks, we'll be...
My ds is FF, as is every single one of my friends kids (once they reach the weight limit). I know, personally, if someone commented about me not being safe enough with ds, I'd be pissed. Honestly, it's none of your business. My son is in a proper car seat (britax roundabout, to be exact), and buckled properly as well. I don't feel that I'm being unsafe with him whatsoever.   I'd suggest if you want to "speak up", that you do it by posting info in your status updates...
My dd's b-day is the first week of April, so typically she just gets a few things in her basket. Even though easter's the end of april this year, I don't plan on making any huge changes. We don't really have any traditions - although I'd like to change that! I think an easter egg hunt with little goodies inside (something cheap - hershey kiss or some m&m's) would be fun. My baskets usually consist of a small chocolate bunny and some jelly beans - usually less than $5....
ps - wowza's...what's up with the formatting? Yikes!
3/1 - coconut curry rice (had lots of garbanzo beans and veggies in it...wasn't just rice!), broccoli 3/2 - tempeh burgers w/ spuds (all homemade) 3/3 - homemade pizza 3/4 - general tao's tofu, brown basmati, broccoli  3/5 - tempeh fajitas 3/6 - fend for yourself night. 3/7 - Soupy beans and tortillas  3/8 - Homemade pizza w/ tempeh sausage and olived :) 3/9 - tempeh helper....