or Connect

Posts by beansmama

Hmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like I'll need to check out our local Costco or something? I don't have a membership, but have been meaning to browse a bit to figure out if the cost would be worth it. I can't imagine using one razor for a month! I WISH I could! Every brand I've tried has always lasted about the same amount of time. I have super coarse hair and my legs can literally feel stubby the SAME DAY I shave...horrible, right? LOL!
I'm a shaver. Okay, that already came out sounding all "TMI-y"...but I shave near daily and the cost of razors is starting to bug me! I don't use fancy razors - I used to...but now Dh and I use the same brand/type which makes life a tad simpler. We use the Schick disposable razors. They average about $5.99 a pack, which usually has 10-15 (sometimes they have "bonus" razors in the pack...and I try to stock up!). Anyway - how much do you spend on razors a month? If you get...
Quote: Originally Posted by CherryBomb I firm believer that we need to high quality meat (and other animal products) to be truly healthy. Grassfed beef, pastured chicken, raw milk and cheese, butter, pastured eggs, etc. I'm sorry your health hasn't been well. You might be interested in reading The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith. She spent 20 years as a vegan and it ruined her health. I haven't read it myself but I've heard from former veg*ns that it...
I realize this is similar to another post on the main page...but after checking that one out...it's not the same! Promise! I'm trying to come up with an itemized budget for next year...yeah...seriously...like a 'what's coming out of *each* paycheck' for all of 2011. Extreme, I know...I'm bored I'm curious how much you guys save each year? Particularly - what PERCENT of your income goes into savings? By savings I mean LONG term savings - either emergency fund,...
I'm in! I started the shred and got 9 days in...then...fail! I'm officially starting over tomorrow, along with a higher protein and healthier/lower carb "diet" (not really a "diet" - just healthier choices, no sugar, browns instead of "whites" etc). I'll post my progress. I'm glad to have a group of ladies to be accountable to
Quote: Originally Posted by PJsmomma I didn't believe that I would be full on 500 calories but I definitely was. By the third day, I felt stuffed when I ate. One trick I did was cut up my meat in tiny pieces so it was a lot to chew;0. I drank tons of green tea and water too. I used flavored stevia as well. Emotionally sometimes I wanted to eat more and had to fight the wanting to eat even though I was literally full. It definitely...
I should always read the entire thread before posting, no? Geez, lol! Sorry - ignore the above response. I got it now! I don't know your history, but from the other posters it sounds like you've been having ongoing issues. I'd just give up. Sounds like, for whatever reason, she prefers the other family. That's sh*tty and sad and I'm sorry
I didn't read all the replies...but from the sounds of it, it seems like you want her to come help out with the kids and you're irritated that she does that for the other grandkids...but... Does she? I mean, maybe she doesn't WANT to spend a weeks vacation "helping out". Maybe she wants to come see you guys with no pressure to help? Maybe she'd just like to chill and play with the grandkids and enjoy your company vs. knowing you want her to be the designated week...
Quote: Originally Posted by bebebradford Wow momma! What a magical little girl you have! Have you read the indigo thread? From what you are describing I'd say that may just be the case! Are you planning on unschooling her? I'm afraid a very structured environmant may damage her little spirit! The description of the indigo children (from the book description) is NOT what the OP described. At all. Indigo children sound like typical spoiled brats...
WOW. I just read the amazon description of the book. At first I thought, "How RUDE people are saying these kids are spoiled brats"...now that I know the definition of "Indigo Children". YIKES!!! Spoiled brats is spot on. They are a higher evolved human species? If that's what the species is heading towards I think I'll just...um...dive off the nearest cliff. Sorry...but YIKES! I'm not sure why anyone would want or be bragging about having children with those...