or Connect

Posts by beansmama

Well, our budget is $260/mo for groceries (okay, well...for 4 weeks, actually) and that's for a family of 3 (actually 4 but Ds isn't even 1, he does eat...just not a lot, so I wont count him, lol!). So for 90 meals a month that's about $2.80 per meal...for 3 people. Actually, it's a little lower than that though, because our budget includes snacks as well as just meals. We eat a cheap as possible, vegetarian, mostly whole foods diet. I don't buy organic (unless it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklefairy Unfortunately, he's probably going to smoke you! Stupid male weight loss advantage! I hope you have a great time together. You're probably right...but then again, I don't work right next to someone who has free fancy truffles on their desk at all times, hehehe
Quote: Originally Posted by RiverTam OMG, my husband and I used to run together before we had kids. I miss it a lot. I applaud you for running, lol! I prefer the lazier version of running...walking, hehe! Dh and I definitely have different exercise "personalities" - he wants to run, I like walking (which he will do with me when his schedule permits) and yoga. He's attempted the working out in front of the TV thing with me...he hates it,...
Quote: Originally Posted by LauraLoo To the OP and everyone else who is challenging themselves I send a bunch of hugs. I am the Adult Child of an Alcoholic. My mother successfully quit drinking when I was almost 18 - almost 25 years ago. I've figured that she start drinking excessively when I was in 3rd grade, but can't really be sure. She was never physically or emotionally abusive and she functioned quite well, but she was never emotionally there...
Quote: Originally Posted by CatsCradle OP, I've been following your thread for a few days and thought I would add my two cents. I'm right behind you because I've been in your position and and the fact that you are addressing it at this stage is encouraging. I think that often alcoholism is confused with alcohol abuse and vice versa. Both are detrimental to one's life and health and to others around him/her, but alcoholism itself is a physical...
Thanks for the yoga link...I'll check that out. I'm pretty stuck on kundalini, though. Every time I've tried other types of yoga I kinda...sucked, lol! I'm not very, um, flexible or graceful Yesterday was Dh's birthday and I made a nice dinner that I started thinking would go really well with some wine. I sorta had an internal convo/slight argument with myself and then settled on "No". It really wasn't hard. At all. Every day that I don't drink it just makes me...
Quote: Originally Posted by corysmilk wow! I was just trying to help. I'm sorry if I misread your tone, but your post seemed very accusatory and matter-of-fact to me. I realize tone is a very hard thing to grasp online though - so again, sorry if I took it the wrong way.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosaic I think people have good intentions; but none of us here is qualified to diagnose alcoholism, nor is it terribly useful to do so. You have already decided that alcohol is not a healthy influence in your life and that you want to change it. Good for you for being self-aware and eager to improve youself! This article has been helpful for me and others in understanding that alcohol problems don't always look the same,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JElaineB EAP is Employee Assistance Program, usually some type of free or reduced cost program offered by an employer to employees and their families for various types of counseling (mental health, marriage, financial, etc) and the like. Sounds like you found the website for the Potatoes Not Prozac author, but for anyone else reading who might be interested there is a lot of good info at http://www.radiantrecovery.com....
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati do you or your husband have access to an EAP? It might be a way to see someone without having to put much in terms of commitment (financial, or even having to tell your doctor). Good luck. Although it's not the same, I'm right now eating a milkshake from chickfilet. Your post has really opened my eyes regarding my relationship to food. I wish you the best. What is EAP? And...um...I can relate about the...