or Connect

Posts by beansmama

Ldavis - why not read TMMO together? Dh is a big reader, but not a big "finances" reader, lol! So we read a chapter or whatever each night after Ds went to bed...it was nice doing it this way because we could discuss topics as they came up - and make sure we're both on the same page (or willing to compromise, at least!). Good luck!   FFEF update: Today was a totally crappy day...I'll just say...I hate Dh's "boss". Gr. Anyway, I went to check the mail and we got a...
3/1 - coconut curry rice (had lots of garbanzo beans and veggies in it...wasn't just rice!), broccoli 3/2 - tempeh burgers w/ spuds (all homemade) 3/3 - homemade pizza 3/4 - general tao's tofu, brown basmati, broccoli  3/5 - tempeh fajitas 3/6 - fend for yourself night. 3/7 - Soupy beans and tortillas  3/8 - Homemade pizza w/ tempeh sausage and olived :) 3/9 - tempeh helper. that's it. I'm lazy today! 3/10 -...
3/1 -  no spend! 3/2 -  budget spending. $6 on fruit. We only have $6 to last us 9 days, but we have pretty much everything we need...so...yeah! Crossing fingers! 3/3 -  no spend! (okay, so the day isn't over yet, but I don't plan on going anywhere that requires my wallet - I'll update if I do!) 3/4 -  budget spending. $9.50 on fruit and bread. I actually had $8 left from the other day, not $6 like I stated above, and then I raided the change jar...which is cash -...
I was 19, married (to my now xh) and the sole provider. I bought through rural housing...a no down payment, 38 year subsidized mortgage. Yikes! I loved my house, but sold after a couple years. This time around me and Dh are planning on saving a substantion downpayment before buying...and no 38 year mortgages, lol!
I know...when I found that website I was happy I wanted to cry, lol! My dad has already built us a farmhouse table for christmas, and once we get into our own place, I plan on investing in some cheaper tools and building...everything, lol!
If you guys are handy at all...I highly recommend checking out this: http://ana-white.com/ , and saving yourselves some money.
My kiddo's grandparents are 48 and 50...and my mom, who just turned 50, looks early 40's to me. So, usually when I think "grandma" that's the age I think. Around here, it IS odd to see an "older" woman (35+) pregnant...it's usually women in their mid 20's that I see.   My grandparents were much older and seemed "grandparenty" to me...today's grandparents seem much younger, so it's not necessarily an INSULT to mistake you for grandma..although I get how it can feel...
Do you have a store with bulk bins? Our budget is super tight as well ($125 for two weeks, feeding 4 people) and we are able to buy these items mostly because the bulk bins. You can just get a small amount and it ends up being pretty reasonable, vs. those individual packages. I've never used cashews for dairy subs, but I know those recipes exist. The cheese sauce one I use is pretty simple - just flour, nutritional yeast, seasonings. And it only calls for 1/4 c nooch, so...
The wording is a little weird, yeah, but not offensive.   What strikes me is that you said you read it because you found the title offensive. Why would you purposely be trying to seek out things that offend you? That's more odd to me than the wording of the ad...
I think veganizing recipes is one of the easiest things to do. There are vegan alternatives to nearly every non-vegan item - often times they can be homemade for cheaply. There is no reason why you can't eat the same things (casseroles, for example) you currently eat, just with the vegan alternative. If you google up a storm, you can find "cheesey sauce", "buttermilk", "butter" etc. etc. I def. don't recommend vegan block cheese or slices or anything, because they are...